𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟱𝟬

My eyes squint into a glare, my eyes trained on Usok as the nurse once again takes my vitals

We've been here all night, and although the sunrise was pretty I don't appreciate my sleep being disturbed what felt like every 2 minutes.

I gave up when I saw the sky brightening slightly.

My glare falters when the nurse tightens the stupid blood pressure cuff around my arm and tell me it feels like a hug.

More like a strangle.

I turn my glare to the nurse, who seems amused.

I don't know how, I think I look pretty scary.

Boo.

I think I'm grumpy.

My eyes are heavy, my head aches, my arm screeches with the tightness of the cuff. It's suffocating. My lungs feel tight, my heart pounds against my rib cage.

The walls feel to big for this room, but the room feels too big. Usok is too far away, but the couch is right there.

I don't know what is happening, maybe it's my lack of sleep, or the rain did something to my head. Maybe my brain is soggy.

When I look back at Usok, this time my eyes are wide and glossy. I hate how much I cry, for such little things as well.

Usok stands, and with long strides he is on my bed. The mattress dips with his weight, and right as he takes my hand the pressure on my arm is relieved.

I let out a breath as my lungs relax, finally letting the air pass through my lips.

Though they seem to tighten automatically when the nurse puts the stethoscope into her ears.

"Puddles," My head turns to my eldest brother, the nickname reminding me of my Puddles, who is currently squished between my side and my arm.

I look at him curiously, shivering when the cold metal touches my upper back. I take a deep breath when the doctor tells me to, my head starting to turn to try and see what she's doing.

"Halloween is coming up, do you know what you want to be? You should ask your friends what they're doing, maybe you could trick or treat with them." His words bring my head straight back to him.

Some of the other dolls - people - at my mothers factory talked about Halloween sometimes. They used to compare costumes. Two of the girls had dressed up as the same thing before my mother took them, they were best friends.

I bite the inside of my lip as I think of them, the cold moving on my back snaps me out of it, though.

I look to Usok again, he's looking at me as if he expects me to answer. I want to answer him, I do, but I don't have the energy.

So, instead I shrug at him. The cold metal presses against my chest, making my lungs feel extra tight.

"Rylie is usually a doctor, but maybe we can convince him to join in on a group costume, hm? What do you think?" His thumb runs over my knuckles,