𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟯𝟳

August Dibello is apparently Claileas doctor, seeing as I've seen him a total of 3 times since I've been here today

He talked with Zara, and they want to ease her out of the coma tomorrow.

"Don't get too excited," He had said, "it can take a few days for her to fully come out of it."

I'm trying to take his advice, not getting my hopes up, but it's so hard when all I've been hoping for the past few days is for her to wake up.

"Few more days, Clai. Then I'll take you wherever you want, see whoever you want. Feel all you want, okay? It's going to be scary when you wake up, you can cry, it's okay to be scared." I kiss her head, careful not to crush her hand which is in mine.

"You can cry, no one will judge you," It feels as though I'm now talking to little Coco, who is known to be emotional.

He always hated it, but I always tried to hold him like Papa did. No matter how stupid of a reason 3 year old Coco would cry about, or as big as a reason that now Coco would cry about, I'll hold him until the tears stop and dry.

My Puddles had always been just as emotional, seeing as I helped take care of her from 1 to 3.

Terrible twos are real.

And now, the only time I've really only see her cry was when she was puking. She had been so absolutely terrified when she saw me, which broke my heart.

I know why she didn't tell anyone, she didn't want us to be disappointed, specifically Zara.

Whilst the thought pops up in my head, my eyes fall to Zara who is sleeping on the pull out couch, eyes closed and arms hugged tightly around his chest.

Leisurely, I reach for the blanket Rylie had been using prior, before he left to go home, and lay it on Zara to the best of my ability with only one hand.

He's always been a peaceful sleeper, and as I look between the two sleeping, I realize how similar they look.

A small smile graces my lips.

Sleep, I'll protect you, I silently whisper to them both, kissing Clailea on the head but don't even bother with Zara. He's a light sleeper.

As I look over Claileas face, I can't help but wonder how this feels for her. Can she hear us? Is she in pain?

God, I sure hope she isn't.

Sometimes I wonder if she's just left alone with her thoughts, her mind swimming and she can't keep up. I hope she isn't, her mind is a very scary place.

My phone buzzes in my pocket, and upon looking at it I immediately answer seeing its Antonio.

"Coco called." He sounds slightly out of breath, exasperated.

"He did?" I keep my voice low, though there's no hiding my surprise.

"Yes! He said he's fine, and with Naveen." We already knew that, I want to know how he really is.