𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟵

The two other girls at our table, Remi and Evelyn, were just as nice as Noor

Evelyn has dark black hair, bangs cut perfectly, barely covering her bright green eyes. Her skin an olive color, which matched her perfectly.

Remi, who's real name was Remington, has dark skin and very curly hair. She has it styled in two buns atop her head, dark pink beads adorning them.

Math went well, along with History, and Science, which is too many classes for me already. Now, we're in ELA, which I learned stands for English Language Arts.

I had gotten compliments on my school supplies, which I made note to tell Ezrah about.

"Independent reading time, Harry can you please start the timer?" Apparently, in school it's very cool to be in charge of the timer. My new friends had informed me on how everyone had been hoping to get that one, along with the privilege to sit on the couch, which has two small desks attached to the armrests.

I sigh happily, turning toward my backpack and getting out my book. I've been waiting for a break since I first got here.

Evelyn groans, "I hate reading,"

I look at her, dumbfounded. How could anyone hate reading?

Noor agrees with me, looking at her as if she had just sprouted a third eye.

"Reading is great," Noor keeps her voice in a low whisper, glancing at the teacher every few seconds.

I don't pay attention to their small argument, in which opinions are being called lame or wrong. I'm not sure why that's happening, because although I disagree, that doesn't mean she's wrong for not liking reading.

I shake the thoughts away, and the 20 minute timer has gone off in what felt like a second.

"If you don't have a book mark, come up here!" Mr.Todd, who is our ELA teacher, announces, a small line forming in front of him.

I don't have one, but no way am I getting up in front of the whole class to get one.

"I need one, anyone else?" Evelyn asks, looking at all three of us.

I nod shyly, but Noor doesn't seem to care, "Yes I keep losing mine. I mean, really? Post its as book marks?"

That's kind of genius.

"I think it's smart," Remi shrugs, intertwining her fingers, stretching out her arms. She bends backward on her chair, two loud cracks resonating from her.

She giggles, shooting upright, "Did you hear that?"

We all nod, we being only Noor and I, seeing as Evelyn as left to get the book mark/post it notes.

Evelyn comes bouncing back, placing a light orange post it note on my book.

"Thought it matched the cover," She shrugs, and she's right, it does.