Chapter 7

It had been one slow and drawn out week since Namjoon had left the house.
At first everythig seemed weird and misplaced. But as YN began preparing decorations for Hanjoon's gender reveal.
She was in charge of being the only to know the gender of the baby, and it was something that kept her mind busy for quite some time.
Ontop of getting everything ready for Chanyeol's birthday party the weekend after Hanjoon's gender reveal party, it seemed she didn't have time to think of Namjoon, or her conflictions on whether to continue her marriage with Hobi or not.

But at night, when everyone was asleep and she was up had stitching cute little doillies for the tables, her mind would suddenly remember that ther was an absence felt throughout the house.
It seemed to weigh on her the most at night, and even though Hobi told her he would be there for her and continue on with her as her husband, she knew he was slowly pulling away from her again, and carrying that guilt around with her along with her hormones from her pregnancy was not helping ease her mind.

She missed Namjoon. And she wished more than anything she could just have him at her side again as her support system, but she knew it was too far in now to be anything but that. And she had to accept the hard truth that they may never be who they were again.

The day of Hanjoon's party finally arrived and YN had been at Hanjoon's for a good portion of the day helping her prepare the foods, desserts and get everything ready for the party.

"Honey please sit down." Hobi's voice came softly behind her as she came down from the step stool as she finished hanging the "Boy or Girl?" banner.
"I am fine Hoseok." she says with a smile.
Hobi sighed as he too smiled and ran a hand across her belly. "The doctor has not lifted your bed rest ban, and you have done quite the work load today. Please let the rest of us finish and help." he says as he leads her over to a chair to sit down.

YN sighed as she sat down in the chair, running a hand along her forehead. "I cant Hoseok. I need to help. I can't just sit here and do nothing."

Hobi bent down on his knees and took her hand in his and began to rub her belly again. "I know what you are doing. And when your mind finally slows down and catches up to what you are avoiding, you are going to send yourself into a huge panic attack." he  rests his hand on her belly and looks up to her eyes, squeezing her hand lovingly. "Lets not stress the baby, ok?"

YN looked into Hobi's eyes and smiled as she reached his cheek softly. "Ever the voice of reason as always." she giggles softly. "Alright, I will sit down for a bit."
Hobi's eyes lit up as he leaned up to kiss her forehead and hug her. "Good."

A few hours later, the party begins and guests start pouring in. As YN helped served the guest with foods and drinks they wanted, she would scan the crowd for Namjoon. She knew she shouldn't be so hopeful for his arrival, but she couldn't help it.

"He will be here later." Taehyung whispers as he walks behind her, grabbing Chanyeol's favorite drink and a cupcake. "He went to visit his parents and the train is a little behind. But he did let us know he would be here." he winks to her as he makes his way back over to Chanyeol who sat wedged between his two favorite uncles, Jungkook and Jimin.
She smiled at Taehyung as he knelt down in front of Chanyeol to hand him his snack.
She felt truly blessed to have such wonderful people in her life, who loved and supported her and had her back no matter what. Who loved her son as much as her and Hobi did, and to help her with him and be there for him as much as they were for her.
It made her heart feel a little more guilty that they all knew what was going on, but still continued to love her as the sister she was to them. She wondered if Hobi didn't have the accident and things happened between her and Namjoon, would they all still feel the same about her. Or they condem her for her actions and turn their backs on her.

"Excuse me!" rang out over the noisy crowd as she clinked a fork to her wine glass (that was full of water ;) ) to get everyone's attention.
Everyone turned their attention to Hanjoon as her husband joined her side and laced their fingers together as he smiled to them all.

"Now the time has come for us to reveal what the gender of the baby is." she says as she turns to her husband with a smile and rubs her small baby bump. "It seems its split down the middle 50/50 amongst the crowd of what everyone thinks the baby maybe." she smiles as she looks over to YN and motions for her to come up to the front of the crowd. "But my sister in law here is the only one with that knowledge, and she has  worked very hard to craft us a special reveal." she then nods to Hobi and Jin who had made their way over as well. "So I will open this gift she has worked hard to make the baby, and once its opened, my brother and Jin will pop confetti guns to further reveal the gender. Everyone ready?" she asks with a smile as everyone says yes collectively.

YN steps towards Hanjoon and hands her a gift bag and leans in to kiss her cheek. "You will be a fanstic Mommy Hanjoon, and you will be a wonderful father." she says to both the expecting parents.
They both smile to her as Hanjoon takes the bag from her and pulls a yellow and pink hand knitted blanket from the bag.
The crowd errupts in claps and cheers as Hobi and Jin shoot off the confetti guns into the air, feeling the backyard with pink confetti.
As YN looks over to Hanjoon and her husband who hug and kiss happily and as she does, she catches eye of the glass door openig.
Her heart began to pound behind her chest as she waited in anticipation of who it might be.
And like a scene from a movie, pink confetti fell the right spots at the right momens, as time started to move in slow motion and out walked Namjoon, who's eyes immediatly found hers.