Chapter 1

18 years later
Jasmine's POV

"Open the gates!"All exhaustion faded from me as soon as I heard the call,we were finally home

"Open the gates!"
All exhaustion faded from me as soon as I heard the call,we were finally home. I looked out the window of the carriage and smiled.It had been over 3 weeks since we've left the empire of Mali where I was attending university,to travel back home.

I could already hear the beating of the drums as our caravan passed the gate. Closing my eyes I took in everything,it had been five years since I left, each beat of the drum adding to my excitement.

"Princess,you can't get out!".

I ignored him and jumped down,the cheering got louder as soon as they saw me. The women sorrounded me and we started dancing,they started singing our traditional songs and I almost cried from how happy I was.

 The women sorrounded me and we started dancing,they started singing our traditional songs and I almost cried from how happy I was

Slowly we made our way up the streets, I took out some gold and gave some of the people.

"Princess do you know how dangerous it is for you to be out unguarded".

I rolled my eyes and turned to him, Thomas was my best friend,we had practically gree up together. He made the decision to come with me to school so he could 'watch over me'. To be honest I'm very thankful that he came with me, those five years wouldn't have been the same if he were not with me.

"Okay first of all,I keep telling you to stop calling me princess and second you need to relax", I said as I started dancing with one of the girls who came up to me.

I gave her a piece of gold and cheered as she went toward Thomas who looked far from comfortable. I just laughed at him as two more girls started dancing around him,it was no surprise since he was handsome.

Shaking my head,I turned and started dancing with the children as we made our way to the middle wall.

The kingdom of Almasi was located on an island,it was divided into classes,as how the previous kings had made it. The outer wall was the fishing village as people called it,fishermen,bakers, tailors and such lived there.

The middle wall was where business owners lived, basically middle class people lived there it was called the business district, the inner wall was where all wealthy people lived.