Chapter 5

Hello you gorgeous being. In case no one told you, you're looking like a top tier snack 💋. Enjoy

Jasmine's POV
I watched as Thomas stomped out the garden, why was he so angry?

"I suppose that is Thomas", I turned to look at Jungkook.

"Not that it's any of your business,but yes that is Thomas", I answered him as I sat back down.

He came and put some chai in my cup and I wanted to stop him because lunch was almost getting served but I kept silent

"What's the story here, why did he leave in a huff".

I humphed, "I don't know what is wrong with him, he saw you and started saying that you might be a spy and why I didn't tell him about you".

"What did you say about that then?", He asked.

"Ofcourse I told him you'd never do that, you're a loyal person and it was Baba's order for you to be my personal guard. I don't know why he got that angry".

He watched me for a while, "So you really don't know why he's angry?", he looked at me expectantly and I frowned.

"Think about it, why would a man be angry with another man around a girl he's known for years".

My eyes widened, "I get it now, he thinks that I'll replace him with you as my best friend, but that would never happen. I don't even know what your favorite food is?"

He just chuckled and shook his head," How can you be so clueless" he said lowly.

"I eat everything, to answer your question I don't have any favorite food. I must say I didn't expect you to be this curious about me Princess Jasmine".

I smiled as I sipped my tea, "I am not curious about you,you annoy me".

"Oh come on, you and I both know that is not true". He wiggled his eyebrows and I smiled at him, I felt my stomach churning but in a good way,the more I looked up at him the more my ears grew hotter and I started feeling shy.

"What's your favorite food?", he suddenly asked.

"Coconut rice and fish", I answered without thinking.

"I've never seen that getting served in the palace", I turned to him, he was sat on a pole.

"That's because it isn't, it was my mother's favorite meal and after she died I guess it was too much of a reminder for Baba so he did away with it completely. So anytime I have a craving for it,I go to the fishing village".

"Is that where you're little sneaking habit came from?", he asked with a small smile on his face and I knew he was remembering the first time we met.

"Well yes and no. At first it was because of that then gradually I just wanted to get out of the palace and not be a princess."

"Do you hate it? Being a princess", he asked .

"Ofcourse not,it's tiring yes but what I hate about it is that I have to completely do away with my personality and put on a mask. I have to be perfect at all times and make no mistakes or else I'll bring shame to the kingdom,sometimes I just want to be normal,make mistakes,learn from them just be Jasmine without the title. I don't know why I'm telling you this ", I said the last part to myself.

No one not even Thomas knew about this.

"Don't do that, I'm glad I could make you comfortable enough to be yourself and speak your mind", he said.

"What about you Jungkook? What's your hidden truth?"

"I don't have anything to hide", he said as he rubbed his thumb and index finger.