Chapter One - Christmas Tragedy.

I only own Grace and parts of her journey through the story. For entertainment purposes only

-Grace-

"Which one do you think Grace, blue or the black one ?" The First Lady asked me. We were at Camp David for Christmas. I was a member of the secret service and one of the close protection detail to Maggie Asher, the first Lady. During her time in her position we had become friendly. It helped to have that relationship with who you were protecting because it made things easier, like suggestion of high risk area's and moving.

"Black, Ma'am." She smiled gratefully and went to get dressed. She came out looking beautiful.

"So what happened to that nice man you were telling me about?" She wondered checking herself in the long mirror.

"Steven? Went back to his ex or was it Luke who decided that he much preferred men instead of women. I loose track." I drawled rolling my eyes and my failure to find a man or even just in general a match for a relationship.

"Oh Grace."

"I get set up on many dates that people think is right for me and they don't even start the race. It's boring now." I rested a hand on my hip and she turned around in shock.

"Grace Carson giving up, it's unheard of." I turned my head hearing the voice of the president.

"Mr President." he gave his wife a kiss on the cheek. "I'll leave the two of you." I walked out and made my way to the front room.

"Hey Mike." I smiled at my Best Friend. We had been in the army together, man was as crazy as shit but ever loyal. We both signed up to join at the same time and got in.

"Hey Gracie." He kissed my head. That man was the only family I had well him and Leah. I heard over the comms that it was coming down thick yet it was still drivable in. I both love and hate snow, it really depended on what I was supposed to be doing or not doing.

"Hey squirt." I tap Connor's head. Connor was the lovable Presidents son. I picked up the control and started beating him at the game he was playing.

"Hey stop killing me." Connor groans.

"As if how else are you gonna learn?" I scoff but then we were joined by Mike who switched off the TV making the two of us whine in protest.

"Now is when the real bloodbath starts when your Mom catches you playing this. And when she sees you didn't stop him." He aimed the last part to me.

"Why? I need to beat his score." Mike shakes his head in amusement

"You suck."

"Thrice over dude." We stood up and I took my place as the two entered.

"Hey love, you wanna open a gift before we go?" Maggie asked Connor stoking his head as he joined her side.

"It's not love and I'm going to wait till everyone else is here ." Connor replied and I smirked a little.

"Keep forgetting sorry." She whispered

"Do I really have to come with you guys. I've been on so many?" He grumbled. I sort of understood, The President was up for re election and he had to do everything he did over four years all over again, just so he could continue and finish the work he had already began in office. It was more ruling than over seas visits.

"Re - election's hard work buddy." Mr President told his son.

"Sorry pal."

"Can I at least ride with Mike and Grace?" Ben looked back at us. The President and First Lady turned their attention to us, then back to their son