Chapter Seventeen - Not out of the woods, yet

Mike dug into my pocket and pulled out the car keys as Ben helped me to the car.

"I haven't been strangled in a long time. Now I remember why I don't like it." There was a beep

"God bless MI6." Mike commented

"I'll drive you shoot."  Ben stated and I was swapped from Ben to Mike who got me in the back. Ben pulled out and I swayed

"Shit, the car's bullet proof not politician  proof." Mike retorts

"Hey, I'm the president of the United states. I haven't driven a car in six years. What do you want?"

"Let me drive." I groaned in my husky deep voice, I would have that for a while, until my throat healed.

"No, someone just tried to murder you. I'm not letting you near the wheel." Ben snapped

"Fuck, take a left " Mike told Ben and I was wondering where we were going so i asked.

"Where are we going Mike." I lazily looked up at him

"The embassy?" he replied

"Embassy? You said they were expecting that." Ben snapped his head towards Mike shocked and confused as to why we were heading there.

"They are but we are shit out of options. Now take a right." Ben swung right and put his foot down on the gas

"Hey, husband, we are not driving in the F1 race and I would like to survive to kick ass again, take it easy with the gas." I scold from the back seat. Mike kept giving directions to the embassy. But as we got closer but something felt off. Mike noticed it too.

"Something doesn't feel right, slow." The car slowed down. "Left...okay stop." He did and I narrowed my eyes to look through the darkness. I saw figures moving and they were civilians.

"This doesn't look good." Ben breathed

"Love your optimism, Babe." I retort "But you're right, i doesn't look good."  I ready my gun

"Could be worse....we could be walking." Ben replied and my face broke out into a smile.

"Attaboy. Don't stop for anyone." Mike was impressed

"Now you can drive like a lunatic." I added. Ben put the car back into drive and pressed his foot down on the peddle speeding up and into a ambush of bullets. I thanked modern technology because they stopped the bullets from doing any quick damage. but it was obvious that it wasn't going to be easy. They set explosions of to kill os or slow us down, either had the same effect. But we kept driving through till it went quiet.

"Are we clear?" Ben wondered and Mike looked past me and back

"Yeah, we made it." they chucked in relief.

"Don't say that." I snapped at them, first rule of survival, you're not save until your on home soil. We haven't got through anything till we're back state...." crash I was sent sideways and my head hit the window as something smashed into us and turned the car over. Everything went into slow motion as I fought to stay conscious. Me in black came and they took Ben.

"No!" my muffle yell came.I scrambled about for my gun and looked to see men coming round to my side of the car.  bang, bang, bang I shot ankles and legs. Enough that they cut their losses and drove off. I groaned and turned to see Mike struggling to get out of the car. I made my self turn and crawl out but grabbed the knife from my boot and stabbed one of the man that tried to take me.

"Where is he!" I  yelled "Where did the take him?" The man screamed in pain

"Tell me."

"Easy! Easy!" I was pulled away and take around the other side of the car and let down next to Mike.