Chapter Seven - Showdown

We made contact with the bunker, Kangs face came up on screen as the two of us smirked a little

"What's the matter Kang, it looks like you've seen a ghost." Mike spoke first

"You just can't get the right killers these days." I added

"It's over, no more televised executions, no chopper, no more negotiating with you and the United people's front of who gives a fuck." Mike continued and I slapped his shoulder.

"Oh I like that one."

"I thought you might, thought of it with you in mind." he replies to me with a smirk.

"I will send the president out one piece at a time."

"Kang, do you know what were called? Did Forbes tell you anything about us?" I asked "We are two of the craziest fucking people, you know why? Cause ya'll so boring, I want this I want that, I mean a helicopter that is so lame. Us we're imaginative. I mean just ask your cammando who I stabbed in the balls." I covered my mouth "Oh wait you can't I killed him."

"Whatever you think you think you've accomplished you won't be alive to see it." Mike added

"You took some people we like and killed some of them. You hold the one boss that has never looked at us like we're a bunch of loons. Do you know how rare that is? It's like super rare, which means he will stay alive at all costs. You have our word on that."

"Shut them down." Kang said

"Oh, you're not shutting us down, Kang. My girls is better than yours." Mike taunted as I went up against their  tech keeping her out.

"I underestimated the two of you. It will not happen again."

"There is no again. You're gonna die down their alone, cut off from the rest of the world. My advice is save the last bullet for yourself, cause if you don't I'm gonna stick one of our knifes through your brain."

"Oh and don't worry, I'm gonna leek the photos of your lifeless body to the press, cause we know you like that kind of shit. And Ben, I know you can here me. We're coming to get you." I ended the link.

"Ben?" he questioned me with a little smile.

"I've always wanted to call him by his first name, if I go down I want it on my tombstone that I called one of the most powerful men by his first name." I laughed

"You are so not right you know that?" He breathed I making me grin.

"You love me really. Come on." We got to the steps near the front entrance we guessed their next move, that they would try and use the tv camera, so fucking predictable. We saw Secretary McMillan slowly walk out. Kang lifted a gun us and the two of us shot down his laggies . Running down the steps and out of sight again. One came up and Mike took care of him while I shot the other.

"Mike, Grace." Trumbull came over the comms

"He got away, he's back in the bunker." Mike huffed out, we were so close. Near miss as always.

"You gave it a good shot, you saved McMillan."

"Small victories. But we've still got more to do." We began scouring the halls. The hour was up and Trumbull gave in to the demands.

"Mike, Grace. We've got to get Kang and the President out in the open and take our best shot."

"Copy that, sir." we continued on hearing the chopper outside. When there was a sudden bang. The two of us got into one of the front rooms and saw the blazing fire.

"What Happened?" Mike asked

"I'm sorry to report the president was on that helicopter." I stared at my best friend in utter confusion and slight shock.