Chapter Eleven - Last Minute Plans

I leaned against the nursery door watching as Ben changed Lizzy's dipper, smiling I waited till he finished and turned around, holding her close.

"How long have you been standing there?" He asked softly bouncing his daughter on his hip.

"Long enough to see you haven't lost you fatherly touch." He chuckled "You would never think it's been a while."

"Well, believe it or not.  I went through more nappy's with Connor that I have with Lizzy." he stopped bouncing and she rested her head on his shoulder.

"She's still young." I walked up to him and softly placed my lips on his.

"Lynne and Mike will be here soon." Ben nodded and we handed Lizzy over to her nanny. In the Oval Office we waited till Lynne poked her head through.

"Sir? Are you ready for us?" She questioned

"Oh, Yeah. Come on in, take a seat." She and Mike came in. I gave them a solum smile as Lynne sat across from me and Mike next to me.

"What are you guys so damn nervous about?" Ben questioned, unlike the three of us he wasn't completely aware of what went into to planning these last minute trips.

"The Brits are world class, we all know they all have a reputation. But still these are the trips I hate. Last minute out of the country, no time to plan. Are you sure I can't talk you out of this. Either of you." I shook my head knowing neither of us were going to budge on the matter.

"Lynne it's a state funeral. It's our oldest, strongest Ally." Ben reminded, which he needn't have, we all knew that as much as it was a logistical nightmare, he would go and so would I.

"I spent half the night on the line with our advance team. Metropolitan police will secure the perimeter of the funeral at St Paul's Cathedral. Air Force One will land at Stanstead airport. On the ground it's all Mike." Lynne handed over to him.

"Touchdown. Then a 12 minute chopper ride to Somerset house, from there we take an armoured vehicle escort down fleet street to the cathedral."  he stood up with the plan in hand, I rose to my feet to see the map of the area. We both shared a look of concern. Being parters for what seems like forever we knew what the other was thinking. We both felt off about this trip.

"You don't seemed thrilled." Ben replies "It not like the two of you especially can hide it." Ben gestured to mike and me.

"British have their hands full." Lynne added

"It's a clusterfuck...sir...ma'am." Mike addressed us   Lynne slammed her file shut

"Well, 40 different countries with 40 different security teams." She stated and rose to her feet as well.

"Minimal flexibility on approach routes, funeral seating, egress." I told Ben who then looked at Lynne. "40 different countries with request which I assume the British have denied." I glance at Lynne who nodded

"Can we make it work?" he questioned "Mike?" he then addressed my best friend.

"Always do sir."

"Mike, we know it's not great timing for you but..." I rest my hand on his arm, he nodded "We wouldn't trust anyone else apart from the two of you."

"It's what I do."

"Thank you sir." Lyne and Mike  went to leave.

"I'll walk you out Mike." I kissed Ben on the cheek and left with my friend and closed the door behind us.

"How does Leah feel about all of this?" I wondered scratching my head.

"She understands. Not happy but she gets it." he shrugged

"I am sorry about all of this, you and I both know that were the only ones he actually trust to handle this situation. Besides we both wanted back in the game." I replied as we began walking down the hall.

"And being in it made you first lady." he smirked

"Shut up." I shoved him lightly we heard a chuckle and turned our heads towards Vice President Trumbull.

"There's my man and Madam First Lady." He greeted us.

"Vice President." we greeted

"How was your vacation sir?" Mike asked as we shook hands with him

"Son, do you have any idea the joy an man feels pulling a 70 pound King mackerel out of the waters around Jekyll Island?" he inquired and I shook my head.

"No Sir. I don't."

"That makes three of us, and I'll have to wait until next year to find out. But thanks for asking. Ma'am."

"Allan. If you excuse me, I have to plan for the kids while we're away." I took my leave and went to sort out the children.

-

We had taken off and settle in to the flight, before I went to join the others.

"So you said yes yet?" I asked walking towards Lynne and Mike. "Time is wasting you know."

"After two weeks." she huffed making me grin

"Seriously? the man is asking two badass women to be Godmothers to his child. Do you know how great we'll be. She is going to have the best of the best. Honestly spoilt."

"What makes you thinks it's a she?" Mike laughed

"How else is she going to be called Grace? And don't say no because I already went over your head and asked Leah." I sat down and crossed my legs. "Because unlike some she has taste in beautiful names. And don't worry Lynne is her second name."

"Good to know." Lynne shook her head

"What are you talking about?" Ben wondered joining us I stood up and he sat where I was before I sat on his lap wrapping my arms around him.

"The future little Gracie Lynne Banning." Ben raised his eyebrow at Mike

"Nothing to do with me she went straight to Leah." Mike held his hands up after pointing at me.

"Because you blokes are incapable of making a straight decent answer when it comes to choosing names. It would take the moon falling for you too hurry up." I protest

"I came up with the name of Elizabeth." Ben scowled

"Yeah after Orion, Jemima, Ben Junior, Calesto... should I go on." I drawl looking back at him

"They aren't bad names."

"Not saying they aren't if you have the right last name. Asher sounds smooth and classic Connor, Benjamin, Grace, Margaret, Elizabeth."  I list off "That and Children have to live with their names either forever or until they have the right to change it by themselves. All I'm saying is that nothing you chose until Elizabeth fit and you came up with Elizabeth after meeting Their Royal highnesses, on behalf of her majesty." they others chuckled  as we continued on with our conversation and it turned to the event ahead.