Chapter Ten - A new Life

-Grace-

I was in Elizabeth 's nursery feeding her when there was a knock at the door and then it opened.

"I'm sorry for interrupting Ma'am" Clarissa my secretary looked away, forgetting what time of the day it was.

"It's okay, what is it?" I wonder fishing up and burping my daughter. She give a little humph and relaxed

"Ma'am, the President is home." I looked up from Elizabeth and smiled

"Okay, thank you Clarissa." Standing up with our 1 year old daughter I made my way to the kitchen. Ben was getting water from the fridge when he turn round and saw us.

"Good run?" I question joining him

"Yeah. Mike was he usual self." He came over and kissed both of our heads

"You gave him some time off right? Leah is going crazy because the nursery isn't done." I conversed settling down on one of the island chairs.

"Yes I did. Don't worry." Lizzy reached out to touch her father's face. Ben laughed and took her off me.

"Awh perfect timing, you can changer her nappy. While I go chat with Connor, he had his first date last night." he raised his eyebrow while I smiled deviously at him

"I love you." he beamed

"I love you too sweetie." I pecked his lips and went to go talk to Connor. I was just at the beginning of our phone call when Amara our nanny brought Elizabeth back in, all changed. I silently thanked her.

"Where's Lizzy?" Connor asked

"Right here." I bent down  to where she was playing on the floor and picked her up resting her on my lap.

"Lizzy look, Connor." She looked at me questionably.

"Lizzy" Connor called and she turned her head and started giggling.

"She really misses you clearly." Lizzy went to reach out  to try and get her brother, we both laughed.

"And Dad?"

"Your Dad I assume is  in his office" I glanced down at my watch i had been on the phone with him for over an hour. " wanna speak with him." He nodded. I called for Amara to come and watch Lizzy as I headed for the Oval Office.

It still felt incredibly weird being the First Lady of the US. At first it didn't feel right I was just the second wife. Maggie would always be the first and that was alright with me. But resuming her duties as First Lady still made me worry. That and the fact that every time I was meant to be seen as a graceful woman, the secret service in me showed. I can't count how many times both Ben and Mike told me to relax.

"Ben, I have Connor on video chat." I told him, giving a smile to Rose, Ben's secretary as I came in.

"Excellent, he had his first date last night." Ben told Rose. But before I could give him the laptop an advisor came in.

"Mr President, you need to take this sir." And advisor came in picking up his phone.

"Sir, Speaker of the house." Rose added

"You need to take this now sir." Ben looked at me and I nodded he took the phone and I sat down

"This is the president." He answered. I watched his face frown slightly and sigh, before nodding a little.

"Okay, thank you." He put the phone down

"What is it?" I asked

"James, the British Prime Minister, died ."