Chapter Five - Some sort of a Plan

"So change the codes." Mike stated the obvious, and I admit for a second that was my thought but then, it would be obvious to them that they would have done it already as soon as they realised.

"We can't. Cerberus was designed as a self contained, total isolation system. The only way to change the code is physically on the computer itself, which is located in the presidents bunker." One of the top guys answered and there we had it, the catch to everything.

"So now we know why they wanted Connor." I voice.

"The President will hold out as long as he can. But if they get his son, if they hurt him, nobody could hold out under those circumstances. So find Connor and get him the hell out of there." we were ordered

"Yes Sir." We replied ending the call

"Lock and load." I breathe

-----

We took small sections giving the clear till me we made it to Lincoln's bedroom." I held the front while Mike found the secret door. Turning our Torches on we slowly made our way through the tunnels. I took a sharp right and found the person who gave me huge relief.

"Connor." I dropped down and hugged him. He saw Mike and he hugged the both of us. We pulled away.

"Shhh, you're okay now." I told him brushing his hair back.

"How are you doing?" You okay?" Mike questioned

"Yeah I'm alright." He whispered back holding on to me

"We see that this is still your favourite hiding place." Our friend smiled I got the phone and called in.

"We've got sparkplug." I whispered in the good news, it was a small weight lifted of a shitty situation. It would buy more time for the president once we got Connor out.

"Finally some good news." Lynne breathed

"He's safe we're bringing him out."

"What about my Dad?" he asked tearfully.

"You're Dad's gonna be fine. OK?" Connor nodded at Mike's words. "Nothing bad's gonna happen, we're gonna find him."

"Hey us three what are we?" I ask

"We're a team."

"That's right and we have each others backs." We heard the floorboard creek and Mike put his finger to his lips. I brought my gun out as Mike told us that we run in three. One finger, two fingers.  Three...Run. They started shooting as we blindly shot back. I took the rear. We fell out into another room and I pointed a gun at one door.

"You okay?" Mike questioned.

"Yeah." We replied and got up.

"Alright let's get out of here. You ready to haul ass?" I ask the boy who give a shaky and frightened nod.

"Yeah."  Connor nodded to both of us.

"Right stay between the two of us." I walked backward, keeping sight of behind us as Mike took the front, till we were out of the living quarters and to the escape route, which was in a disused basement.

"Jacobs. OK, we have sparkplug. He's coming out of the ventilation shaft on the northwest corner, ground floor. Have a green party waiting." Mike stated to the other side.

"We'll be there." I held onto Connor as Mike unscrewed the screws

"How are the two of you gonna fit through that, you're coming with me right." I turned him around

"We can't. We gotta go get your Dad. All right? Now listen you can do this, do you remember the chimney climb Mike taught you in the rose garden?" he nodded  "Yeah? One foot against front wall one foot against the back. All the way to the top." I recalled