Chapter Twelve - A Set Funeral gone bad

We landed at Stanstead Airport which was 20 miles outside London. We had all changed into Black, funeral attire before defending. Now I was on the phone asking about Elizabeth.

"So she's good yes, eating okay, sleeping okay. I know she probably realised we're not even there." I fussed, this was technically the first time I had been away from her for this long, I had settled since having her, and if I needed to go anywhere it wasn't for long or far, or I had her with me.

"Grace." Ben stated, grabbing my attention. he held out his hand for me to take.

"Okay, thank you, bye." I hung up, and took his hand  "What?" he chuckled as we left the plane.

"Seriously what?"

"Separation issues." He called back we made our way down the steps.

"I do not have separation issues." I retort tucking some of my hair back, even though it was in a bun.  We had landed early, a change in plan, to not be predictable.

"You do." He stoped five steps before the bottom. "You know how I know?"

"How?"

"Because Maggie was the exact same. The first time you've haven't been within driving distance."  We took the last few stairs and landed on the tarmac. The two of us made way to the helicopter. 12 minutes later we landed at Somerset house. Mike and Lynne got out first followed by Ben and I, the car was waiting for us, I slipped next to my husband in the beast before pulling out.

"Keep it tight everyone." I was busy texting on my phone when it was taken out of my hands.

"What? Ben, very funny. Give my phone back please." I held out my hand but he simply tucked it away.

"Lizzy's fine, Connors fine. They're all good and safe with your mother. " He assured me

"I was just checking."

"I checked in the helicopter. Connors with Lizzy and your mother. No major accidents." he answered

"So there's been a minor one?" he shook his head and looked to Mike through the rearview mirror.

"This is what you've got to look forward to." I snort and shake my head.

"Please it will be Leah telling him to calm himself." I retort

"What makes you say that?"

"We're cut from the same cloth. Obviously. I think there was the same conversation about having six baby monitors. Which reminds me where are the other five." I look towards my husband who remained silent.

"You have six baby monitors?" Lynne questioned

"Is that not normal. Mike back me up here." I ask my best friend for help, he glanced back at us.

"She's right and a kevlar mattress." I raised my hand

"Thank you. Ben I told you I wasn't being insane." I tapped his shoulder, we had had this discussion when we were setting up the nursery. I was not over reacting.

"Alright you two, a little respect." Ben replied. I shut up but shared a similar look that in our heads we were in the right mind. As we got  closer to the Cathedral I looked around, biting my lip I tried to put my finger on what was wrong.

"360 degrees." Mike commented . I turned back to face him as he was looking at me.

"Always. "

"You can take the woman out of the secret service but not the secret service out of the woman." I stuck my tongue  out at him as we pulled up. He got out first and then Lynne, I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

"Is everything alright?" Ben asks me looking back into the car noticing my anxiety and glancing around.

"Yeah, that's what annoys me." I reply

"Grace." he sighs.

"Never mind." I got out making sure the gun I had strapped to my thigh was perfectly secure.

"Do you feel it too?" I asked

"Yeah. Your neck?" I hummed and followed my husband to greet the new Prime Minister.

"George it's good to see you." Ben greeted.

"Good to see you too. We're grateful the two of you could make it." I shook George's hand.

"I'm sorry for your loss." I told him.

"You know, the funny thing is, James always hated funerals."

"Yeah Don't we all." We turned to say hello to other officials when we heard a gun shot. I brought Ben down Immediately as Mike pushed my head down as well. Gun fire ran out, just as there was a explosion  I looked at one of our cars had been blown up.

"Let's get inside!" We moved up the steps but two of the columns were fired at and the door shut.

"Shit back to the car!" I pulled Ben close to me as I brought my gun out and shot two clearly fake policeman .

"Grenade. down." I dipped and waited till it was clear. We got behind the car.

"Beast is compromised." I saw a cop aim at up and I put two rounds in him.

"They're not real cops."  I yelled "Mike reload." He threw me another magazine and I loaded it. I stood up and took out two shooter and dropped back down again.

"Where did you get that gun?" Ben questioned.

"How about you scold me when were not under fire sweetie."  Mike and I continued  shooting.

"Gulf one to CAT team Support on me now!" He ordered

"You okay?" Mike asked us as I leant against the car mid attack.

"Yeah." Lynne and Ben replied.

"Gray."

"What do you think." I looked back at him. He nodded at me. Couldn't take the agent or the soldier out of the woman. This was something I could handle.

"Stay with me. We'll get you out of here." There was yet another huge explosion of a car that came right towards us. I was pushed down till it was over. I looked up. Mike fired two rounds.

"Voight, where the fuck are you?!" he yelled. I got up and continued firing. Voight drove up the steps of the Cathedral.

"Move. " I grabbed Ben and ran for the car opening up and scrambling inside.

"Keep your head down!" I told my husband, Bronson was about to follow when he was shot in the head.

"Bronson!" I grabbed my gun and shot the man who killed him.

"Mike get in the car! get in!" I screamed for my best friend. He finally did.

"Back to the chopper, let's go." We sped through the streets.

"I can't believe it, they over ran everything." I took the sharp hairpin out of my bun and dug it into the roof.

"Not everything." Mike muttered. I dragged across the lining then pulled out another hand gun and some more bullets.

"Looking for hard extract Marine One, for Southpaw and Lioness." I loaded my gun up as Mike tried for back up.

"Fuck Comms are down."

"Of course they're down. When is anything easy." I say looking back and noticing a police car speeding towards us.

"All right, here we go." I locked and loaded ready for another fight.