Chapter 14

***Adrien's POV*** 

Marinette walked in class in the middle of Chloe, Lila, and Evy. I looked at her and I could tell she had been crying. I was horrified. She just gave us a small smile before going to sit next to Lila in the back.  Every once in a while I would look back at her. What was going on? There was no way she would willingly sit with them. Something must have happened. Class was painfully long without Marinette next to me. When class was over Alya rushed to the back. She grabbed Marinette by the arm and held her close to her chest. She glared at Lila who just smirked.

"Oh Alya, didn't you hear?" She asked, her tone sickeningly sweet. 

"Hear what!?" Nino yelled, walking with me over to them. 

"That Marinette's with us now." Evy laughed.

Alya pulled away and looked Marinette in the eyes. Tears started running down Marinette's face. 

"Mari?" I quietly asked.

I could tell that there were tears starting to form. Lila grabbed Marinette away from Alya and pulled Marinette behind her. Evy grabbed Marinette and bent down to her ear. She whispered something in her ear. Marinette had a look of pain, not physical, but emotional. It hurt me that I couldn't do anything at the moment. 

"Marinette, what's going on?" Alya asked.

"I-I'm with t-them now." She said.

Lies, there was no way that she did this on her own. My emotions were becoming to strong and I felt the tears start to fall down my face. 

"No, Marinette not this again." I quietly pleaded.

"I-I'm s-sorry." She whispered. 

"Marinette please." Alya said, she also started crying. 

Marinette started to cry. This had to be fake. Chloe squeezed her shoulder, and she whimpered and looked at the ground.

"Mari." I whispered.

She looked up, and met my eyes. The only expression written on her face was sadness. She quickly looked back down. 

"Come on Marinette let's go." Lila said.

They pulled her out. Keeping her in the middle so we couldn't grab her. We all were crying, even Nino. Once they were gone I turned back to the other two. 

"There's no way that was real, she would never do that." I cried.

"Ok, but they have her in the ugly manicured hands, what are we going to do?" Alya asked.

"We should follow them, maybe we can see what's going on." Nino suggested.

I nodded to the idea and we quickly went to find them. We saw them outside Marinette's house so we found a place where we were in ear shot but we couldn't be seen. 

"I don't want anyone in your house, understand!" Lila yelled.

Marinette slowly nodded.

"Give me your house key." She said, holding out her hand.

I wanted to run over and stop Marinette but that would only cause more problems. Marinette handed her the key. Lila closed and locked the door. We waited to see what they would do now. 

"So, how are we going to make sure she doesn't leave?" Chloe asked.

"I don't know yet, probably just wait at the park and take turns watching her?" Lila said.

"Or, one of us could just stay with her." Evy said.

"We'll do that starting tomorrow morning. For now we'll just watch from the park." Lila said.