Chapter 19

***Marinette's POV***

When I woke up Adrien was still asleep next to me. I smiled and kissed his forehead before slowly climbing out of bed. It was late at night, but I could here my parents talking downstairs. I slowly walked over to the trap door and opened it just enough so I could hear there conversation.

"I don't want her to be with a boy yet!" My dad yelled.

"Tom, she's old enough to have a boyfriend, and I trust that boy. He will keep her safe and love her the way she deserves." My mom calmly said.

"How do you know Sabine! I don't trust any boy with my daughter. She will not date and that's final!"

"Tom-"

"No Sabine, I said that's final, she will not date!"

"You can't decide that for me!" I said, opening the trap door and walking down. "I love him and you can't change that!"

"Yes I can! I can ground you, keep you here, I'm your father and I decide what's best for you!"

"Dad, please. I love him and he loves me!"

"Tom, you can't control her forever."

"Yes I can, she's my baby girl, and I will protect her. Remember how heart broken she was after that stupid alley cat!"

"Dad, I'm fine. I was being over dramatic."

"He broke your heart!"

"I can't control other peoples feelings!"

"Yes, but I can, by keeping you here!"

"You can't keep me here forever!"

"Well, you're grounded until further notice!"

"Tom!"

"Dad!"

"Do not talk back to me! You are grounded and I never want to see that boy again!"

"Tom, you're taking this too far!"

"No I'm not, I'm keeping her safe. Besides, he'll end up distracting her. Her grades will drop and who knows, she could get pregnant! Marinette, get him out of your room and then you'll be staying up there until further notice. You will only come down to get food or if I call for you."

"That's so unfair!"

My cheek stung, and I was on the floor. It took me a minute to realize, my dad just hit me. I looked up at him with tears in my eyes.

"Tom!"

I let the tears fall.

"Get him out now!" My dad yelled.

I scurried away, not wanting him to hit me again. I closed the trap door and sobbed into my knees. Adrien, who had woken up to the yelling, ran over to me and hugged me.

"What happened?"

"M-my dad w-wants you g-g-gone." I cried.

He continued to rub circles on my back. He pulled me into his lap and let me cry.

"Did he hit you?"

I nodded. Adrien helped me up before he started to lift up the trap door. I grabbed his hand.

"D-don't g-go."

"I'm not, come here." he held out his hand for me.

I grabbed onto it and he helped me down the stairs. My dad was furious when he saw us. He opened his mouth but Adrien beat him to it.

"Mr. Dupain, I will leave, all you had to do is ask."

"I never want to see you again." my dad snarled.

"Alright, but do not, hurt Marinette." he snapped.

"Do not tell me how to parent young man!"

"Do not hurt her." he glared.

Both of them were glaring at each other. Adrien opened his mouth again.

"Look, I understand your concern, but I love your daughter, I will leave if that is what you wish, but do not hurt Marinette. That is something I can not stand."

I looked back over to my dad. He sighed.

"I'll make a deal with you. If Marinette can pass her upcoming tests, you can see her. But if she fails, I want you out. Oh, and even if she passes, any funny business and you're out." 

Adrien nodded. I glared at my dad as I walked Adrien out. I kissed him on the cheek.

"Visit me later." I whispered in his ear.

He nodded and walked away. I turned back and walked in. I glared at my dad.

"Don't look at me like that!" 

"Why can't you learn I'm not a little girl anymore!? I can take care of myself!"

"I don't care what you think, I'm your father. Now go to your room and stay there till it's time for school." 

I glared at him as I walked towards my stairs, but before I could get up he grabbed my arm.

"Do not disrespect me, or you will no longer see that boy of yours!" 

I slowly nodded as tears filled my eyes. My arm hurt like hell, they still didn't know that I cut myself. Not to mention that he could fit probably 5 of my arms into his hand, and his grip was tight. 

"Tom let her go!" My mom snapped.

He let go and shoved me up the stairs. He then slammed and locked the trap door. I slowly walked over to my bathroom and opened the door. I looked at the knife. It was so tempting. I wanted to cut, so I gave in. I grabbed the small knife, and pressed the blade to my thigh. I slid it across and it opened the skin, letting red slowly drip down my leg. I sadly smiled at the cut. I added a couple more before deciding that was enough, for now. I cleaned the knife and the cuts. Then I hid the knife. I walked out into my room and changed into clean pair of pajamas. One with long pants and sleeves. I sighed at my empty room and walked up to my bed. I examined my arm once I got up. He left a bruise. I heard a soft knock above me. I looked up and saw Chat. I quickly climbed out. I sat on the ground and let my legs dangle into my room. He sadly smiled at me. He placed his hand on my cheek.

"Are you alright?"

"Y-yeah."

"Did anything happen while I was gone?" He asked.

I nodded slowly.

"What?"

I showed him my bruising arm. 

"Did your dad do that?"

I nodded again. He sighed. 

"Do you want to stay at my house?"

"I would love to, but only if it gets any worse. Especially if he tries to keep me away from you." 

He laughed softly, and pressed his forehead to mine. 

"I love you." I whispered.

"I love you too, and I promise I will protect you." 

I smiled at him. We stayed out to watch the sun rise, then once it was high enough he left. I sighed and went back into my room. I got ready for school then my dad came up and unlocked the door. He glared at me as I got down and got breakfast. I didn't say goodbye, and just walked out. Glad to almost be all the way away. Until he followed me out. I turned around.

"What?"

"If I find out you were with that boy today, you wont leave the house at all."

"We have classes together." 

"Stay away from him!" 

I rolled my eyes and walked away. I could feel his eyes glaring into the back of my head, but I ignored it. I was excited to see Adrien, even if I had already seen him less then an hour ago. Hopefully today would be a good day. 

***GUYS I'VE LOST MY MIND! I feel like there might be a lot of confusion with this chapter and for that I am terribly sorry, today was rough. Anyways, if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask! Thank you for reading and I'll see you next chapter!***

(1235 words)