Chapter 25

***Adrien's POV***

I just stared at her. She was Chienne, why did she side with Hawkmoth? Why didn't she just tell me that she was Chienne? I would've understood. She detransformed and fell to the ground sobbing. 

"I'm sorry." She kept whispering. "I'm so sorry."

I took a deep breath and pulled her into a hug. She chocked out another sob, and clung onto me like her life depended on it. 

"I'm sorry." She sobbed.

I hugged her tighter. Then I had her sit down with me. I sat in front of her. She blew her nose and refused to make eye contact.

"Why?" I whispered.

She just chocked out another sob. 

"Mari look at me." 

She slowly raised her head to look at me. Her nose and eyes were red, tears falling freely. I sighed.

"I'm not mad, I just want to understand."

She took deep breaths. 

"I-I wanted to h-help a-a-and I-I didn't w-want you to b-b-be disappointed."

"I wouldn't have been disappointed." 

"A-a-and w-when Hawkmoth c-came I-I-I thought m-maybe I could f-find out w-who he i-is a-and what h-h-his p-plan is."

"Did you?"

She stayed quiet.

"Mari?"

She chocked out another sob.

"Marinette, do you know who he is?"

She nodded, barely breathing as she chocked on her sobs. I pulled her into my lap and rocked her back and forth. She slowly fell asleep and I put her in my bed. Plagg flew over to me, arms crossed. 

"I was trying to tell you, she knows who Hawkmoth is, but she doesn't think he's the bad guy anymore. He did something to her kid." 

The thought that Hawkmoth did something to her, especially to make her think that he wasn't as evil as he was. That infuriated me. 

"I'll find it out from her eventually. Then I'll go and make him regret every putting on that miraculous." 

Plagg nodded and flew off. I climbed into bed with her and tried to fall asleep.

***I am so sorry that this is so short but...

IM BACK BITCHES!! 

I'm starting at a new school tomorrow and, eek am I scared. I've had like, idk 5 panic attacks in the last week just thinking about it, but anyways!!! Writing is usually how I get rid of my stress so, I should be updating a lot very soon. Anyways, thank you for being patient and I'll see you next chapter***

(383 words)