sweven

a vision seen in sleep; a dream

I came back to the sleeping quarters the next morning after going for an early morning run since I couldn't sleep. Although when I got to my bed, I realised I wasn't the only one awake, "Morning Nose." Peter's gaze followed me as I walked past him. Why was he up so early? I looked down and saw a book in his lap, his finger still marking a page. Was he reading?! A book??! 'Insomniac by Gayle Greene' I read the title, why was he reading a book on insomnia? "Excited for training?" fuck. I forgot we started on our fear landscapes today. I don't know what made me more nervous: the fact that I'm not at all prepared for the fear landscapes, or the fact that Peter is acting really weird.

"Sure." I frowned, not entirely sure how to respond to him acting this way.

The room then echoed with the daily sound of Tobias banging on the railing. Thank god he saved me from that awkward conversation, "Everyone meet me at the simulation centre in 5 minutes!"

-------------------
((TW!: domestic violence/child abuse))

"Baby!" Tobias called out my name, "You're up."

I uneasily got out of my seat and went into the simulation room. I'd seen a few initiates come out of here already and let's just say they didn't exactly ease my worries about this. Molly - you know, the emotionless, cold-hearted bitch who beat up Christina with no mercy - came out of the room pale as a ghost and trembling like a leaf. But it can't be that bad...right?

"Just take a seat, try to relax," Tobias filled up a syringe with a clear liquid, "Head back." I did as he said and flinched as the needle went into my neck, I hate needles. I felt my eyelids go heavy and the room around me begun to change, I blinked and Tobias was gone.

The walls faded to a soft grey stone, I picked myself up off the floor as the picture around me became clearer. These walls were familiar. I walked over to a small window, it overlooked the pale streets of Abnegation. No, no, no. I felt my chest tighten and I had the sudden feeling that the walls were closing in on me. I can't be back here. I escaped. I can't go back. It was like I'd stepped straight into one of my dreams; one of my nightmares.

Loud footsteps echoed down the staircase on the opposite side of the room, shaking the whole house. I could hear the metal clanging of a belt being swung. His belt. His body came into view as he made his way down the staircase and he begun to talk, "You told him to leave, didn't you?" he struck the belt against the wall, "This was your plan," a second strike, "You're not going anywhere." I froze. It's like part of me was telling me to run, part of me wanted to fight, but the part of me in control backed slowly into the corner of room - just like I had that day Tobias left. "This is for your own good, Bonnie." 

I frantically scanned the room, looking for an escape, a weapon, anything. My eyes fell on a frying pan that was left on the kitchen counter. Marcus raised the belt above his head, I took my chance and dove out of the corner, the belt just catching my leg sending a searing pain down the side. I hobbled over to the counter and grabbed the frying pan. Marcus was quick. He came up behind me and knocked the pan to the floor. The belt hit me properly this time, I'd forgotten how painful it was. Tears streamed out of my eyes and I stifled a sob, "Dad! Please! Stop!" I screamed and begged. He hit me again, the pain more unbearable than the last blow and I let out a scream, making my throat sore.Before he could swing again, I grabbed the pan once again and swung it as hard as I could across his face. The clanging sound rang throughout the room as the metal made contact with his cheekbone and he dropped to the floor.

I jumped up out of my seat with a heavy gasp, two hands grabbed my shoulders pushing me back down, "No! No! Don't touch me!" I screamed and sobbed, tears dripping onto my tshirt.