philophobia

the fear of being in love

I hadn't seen Peter all morning, these schedules were really messing with how much we could see each other. Unless, of course, you don't count all the times we've snuck out of the communal sleeping quarters for some 'alone time' at night. To be honest, the distance was doing me some good, I think I have a tendency to fall into a relationship too fast and I'm afraid it's going to get me hurt. It's not that I don't trust Peter...

Who am I kidding? It's Peter, of course I don't trust him.

Tobias and Tris are obviously against the idea of us being together, but according to Tobias, Will owes Tris 10 bucks because she told him that Peter and I were 'way too invested in each other' to not hook up at least once. And they bet on it? I just know Will's gonna be disappointed when he finds out, not about us dating, more about the fact that I made him lose a bet. Once we find him, that is.

The Amity cafeteria was a nice change from the stingy basement-esque cafeteria at dauntless. There was a nice open roof and the people serving the food would give it away telling you to 'go with happiness', it's a nice touch but I will say its a bit much. The food wasnt bad, definitely healthier, but oh my god do I miss dauntless chocolate cake. The other day I was snacking on a carrot stick and it genuinely made me want to break back into dauntless just for a slice.

"I really don't know how much longer I can do this whole peace and love thing." Tris said, as if reading my mind.

"Coming through, on your right." Peter was making his way through the crowd of people, "Look a rainbow." he pointed at the sky, trying to distract a blonde girl as he slipped into the line next to me and Tris. "Virtual pathological friendliness along with unquestioning passivity. I love this place." he sighed

"I don't think you've been this happy since you were top of the rankings back in dauntless... oh wait, you weren't." I teased,

"Ohh, owch, not very friendly today," he held his hand against his chest, pretending to be offended while wearing his signature smirk across his face, "Hey Tris, I really like your hair by the way. Did you try to cut it all short and weird..." Couldn't he just keep his mouth shut for one second?!

"Hey Peter, why don't youtake your food and sit down?" Tobias nudged him out of the line,

"Or what?" Peter challenged, I kicked his shin to which he sent me a look of defeat, "Besides I think we all should stick together now that we are officially fugitives."

"Wait, what do you mean by official fugitives?" Caleb decided to finally join us, how he didn't know this already is beyond me.

"You don't know?" Peter gasped, "You didn't tell Caleb?" what is with him being so extra today?

"Yesterday Jeanine announced that the attack on Abnegation was organized by a group of regenade divergents and their sympathizers." I told Caleb, since nobody else was thinking about keeping him in the loop.

"So they're blaming this whole thing on us?" he frowned

"Pretty much," I said "Plus, Jeanine needed any excuse to petition to the council so they could declare martial law. And now she has one."

The five of us found a table near the back and set down our food, "Staying here at Amity is the best option for now. We need to keep an eye on the ground and find out where the rest of the dauntless are. Then we can make a move." Tobias said, being his usual logical, serious self.