anagapesis

no longer feeling any affection for someone you once loved

I left the compound as quick as I could to avoid being seen, I know I probably should've said something to everyone, especially Tobias and Will, but I couldn't risk being seen. I'll just have to explain when this is all over. I hopped onto the last train that was leaving the station and tucked myself away in the corner. I planned to go back to Erudite, risky, I know, but there's someone there who could help me, plus I can help him escape too.

The sky was growing dark as the sun set on the horizon, giving me the perfect cover for sneaking in, I just hope Jeanine isn't back home yet. The train pulled into the station at Erudite and I stepped out of the train, throwing my hood up to cover my face a bit. The walk back to my old house wasn't far, only a five minute journey. I tried to stay in the shadows and walked away from the main sidewalk until I reached my front door.

I slipped around the side of the house and slid open the back door, the kitchen light was on - Jeanine must've left Erudite tower early. I dodged the doorway, she was on the phone to someone, I could faintly hear the conversation,

"We'll move them out at sunrise, it's best to keep the element of suprise," she said, "Target Natalie and Andrew Prior's house first, I need them out of the way as soon as possible, their house is important to me." shit, that's Tris's parents. "...It doesn't concern you why, I just need to get there."

I needed to move faster now, if I can get to Abnegation before dawn, I might be able to get some people out before the invasion. I crawled up the stairs and into my old bedroom, carefully closing the door behind me. Most of my things were still in here but Jeanine seems to have turned it into a storage space. I pulled out some of my old clothes (blue leggings and an oversized white button-up shirt) from my closet and threw them on, leaving my Dauntless clothes in the dresser, I can't afford to carry any extra weight.

I carefully made my way downstairs again, taking a detour into Jeanine's office, she kept a gun under her desk. I grabbed it and tucked it into the back of my leggings. I could still hear Jeanine on the phone as I walked past the doorway, "Max, Marcus Eaton needs to be eliminated at all costs." I stopped dead in my tracks. They were going to kill Marcus. Part of me had always hoped he would die, but he's my father, I shouldn't want him to be killed. Besides, if anyone's going to kill him, it should be me. I rushed past the doorway and slipped out the back door.

The initiate compound was just behind Erudite tower, people were filing in as I came up to the door, they must've just finished their final tests. At the back of the group, I recognised a girl with long blonde hair that was swinging in a ponytail, Lana Close - she was Myra's twin sister, we used to be partners in our social studies class. I ran over and caught up to her before she entered the building, "Lana!" she whipped her head around with a shocked look on her face,

"Baby! What are you doing here? You're not supposed to be here." her eyes were wide as a deer's in headlights,

"I know, I know," I rolled my eyes, "I just need your help finding someone, do you know Caleb Prior? I need to find him."

"You know what they're planning to do tomorrow, right?"

"Yes Lana, that's why I need to find Caleb now." I rushed her,

"Right, right, of course," she said in her usual ditsy manner, "He's on the same floor as me, I can show you to his room."

She led me into the building and I smiled casually at the receptionist at the front desk, trying not to look suspicious despite my clothes not quite being as neat and tidy as you'd expect an Erudite initiate's to be. We went up the stairs three flights before reaching Lana and Caleb's floor, luckily his room was only a few doors down.