NINE

I walked through campus after my final class this afternoon. Thankfully, it wasn't too cold, and the sun was shining bright making up for the low degrees of winter's day.

My Women in Business class was the one I always found the most interesting and entertaining and Professor Glenn always had something new and insightful to say. I needed that when the majority of my classmates were old money boys who parents probably paid from them to go to college and study business modules in order to take over daddy's multi-million-dollar company one day. And without a doubt were these boys totally one-dimensional, rude, and lived in their dangerously blissful ignorance to say and do whatever they wanted.

I mean, I myself was lucky enough to come from money but neither of my parents were. They worked their asses off to get the jobs they have today, and my dad made it very clear to me that if I didn't get the grades I needed to go to Columbia, no-way-Jose was he cheating the system to get me in with money. If I wanted to be a successful lawyer, I had to do it the same way as everyone else which, taking those old money boys as an example, I was beyond grateful for his wakeup calls.

Walking through campus, I stared around at the other students making their way between classes or back to the dorms. I somewhat missed living in dorms and not having to trek back and forth from my apartment and college, spending money on taxis and the subway when conditions were too difficult to walk in which happened all the time in the winter.

However, I didn't miss the noise of living in dorms as well as the pranks and my roommate who was barely ever in because she made friends with a group of girls from another dorm and spent all her time with them.

I mean, her loss after all but it was difficult seeing everyone around me make big groups of friends so early on when I spent practically all of my Freshmen Year alone until I met Ezekiel in Sophomore.

Speaking of the devil. "Hey, Rya!" Ezekiel spotted me, running up to my side.

"Hey!" I smiled.

"I didn't see you this morning. Where were you?" he questioned.

"Early morning class, literally the most boring one I have ever been to and then I had lectures with Professor Glenn." He nodded in response. "How's your day been?"

"Oh, you know..." he sighed, "Senior Year of college is starting to feel depressing."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "How come?"

He snorted, "How come? Dude, the classes suck 'cause their so hard and I barely have a social life because of it. I miss Freshmen Year." I didn't really miss Freshmen Year, it was more... lonely than anything.

In reality, how sad as it sounded, I didn't have any other friend in college apart from Ezekiel. My classes were insanely difficult, and I spent all my time doing the work instead of gossiping, and I never went to any group study sessions because I preferred studying alone. Plus, my roommate Freshmen Year – the one that was usually a guaranteed friend – didn't really want anything to do with me and made her own friends.

I practically had to force my dad into helping me get a solo apartment for my Sophomore Year instead of making me go through dorms again because I had a fear it would go the exact same way. He eventually agreed and I got to take Piggy to New York, and it wasn't until I met Ezekiel later that year that I finally had someone human to hang out with.

"First year of college wasn't actually that great if you think about it." I tried to convince him, but Ezekiel was way more social than me, so he had tons of friends to reminisce memories about.

"I think we should get more involved in college activities." He then suddenly announced. "You know, show some school spirit."

I rolled my eyes. "School spirit?"