FIFTEEN

❤︎ brace yourselves ... this chapter contains a warning x
___________________________________

It was 3 o'clock. I needed to be at the club by 4:30.

"This is so exciting!" Leah beamed as she gazed at Sienna's engagement ring. "I can't believe you're getting married."

Sienna grinned back, proudly showing off her shiny rock, "Neither can I!"

"How far are you along in your wedding planning?" Leah then asked, taking a bite of her pasta dish. We were currently at lunch in this small restaurant on the Upper West Side by Sienna and Roman's temporary apartment. It wasn't the plan I had for today, especially after last night and a full day of classes this morning but it was too nice of an idea to turn down.

"Not that far really. We still need to find a venue, then set the date, give out invitations, find catering, a photography, dresses – God, the list is so long!" she face-palmed herself, obviously stressing about the amount of work that still needed to be done and we were almost at the end of January.

"Well, I'm happy to help." Leah reassured her. "I'm good with any last-minute organisation and schedule flexibility. I'll even put the invitations together for you if you'd like?"

"Oh my God, that would be amazing. Thank you!" Sienna let out a sigh of relief. "And of course you'll be a bridesmaid. I didn't know whether to ask you or not considering your busy life in LA and all."

Leah shook her head adamantly, "I always have time for a wedding! Especially yours, Sienna. You and Roman and literally perfect for one another."

"I know." Sienna smiled with a blush. "But enough about me! What have you been up to? We haven't had a proper catch-up in a while."

It was 3:05. How had it been five minutes? God, I was so stupid to be counting down the time.

After Knowles' and I confrontation in the club last night, I woke up the most disorientated ever. My full day of classes seemed to go by in a haze, and I hated it. I was always alert, always ready, always one step ahead of everyone else yet with Knowles filling up my mind, I seriously couldn't focus.

"Sometimes when you stood by the locker, I thought about what you'd do if I pinned you up against them and fuck you in front of the entire school. Would you take it?"

Would I take it? What would I have done if he'd stormed right up to me and took me right there in front of the whole school? It would be a show, nonetheless. Why was I even thinking about this?

"Well, I ended up joining the girls' soccer team and the Women in Business society. All the girls there are amazing. Plus, my roommate Gemma is so sweet. We're currently living in one of the boarding houses together. She's like a massive health-nut and got me into yoga, oat milk iced-lattes, smoothie bowls and everything!"

"So, you're a proper LA girl." Sienna teased. Sounded like it but the LA lifestyle seemed to suit Leah pretty good.

"Yeah." She laughed. "We have the best parties there too. Sometimes we drive down to Santa Monica and have bonfires down at the beach. Malibu quickly becomes your best friend."

"I love to hear that." Sienna laughed with her. "LA's really brought out the best in you."

"You think?" Leah seemed sceptical. It really had. She seemed to have blossom in college, a more social and confident her who wasn't afraid to like and be whatever she pleased. It was truly sweet to see.

"Definitely." Sienna nodded. "I'm sure Adam's loving this brand new you too." She laughed but Leah stayed silent. Awkward almost.

"Um..." she began. Sienna and I instantly shared a look, sensing the prominent uncomfortableness. "Adam and I... we... God, this probably would have been easier saying this over text. We aren't together anymore."