TEN

❤︎ this chapter contains a warning
___________________________________

  It was the same hallway I'd been in before except a different door. My heart was hammering as I wrapped my hand around the cool, diamond handle and twisted it open.

The room was the exact same too, except bigger. I held my breath as my eyes scoured the scene and goosebumps starting to form on my already cold skin like tint prickles.

"Hello?" I quietly called out. "Knowles, you in here?" maybe this was a prank. Pranks were more adolescent, but I wouldn't put it past him. Oh my God, if this was a prank, I was going throw myself out the window.

Then the noise of a door opening caught me off guard and Knowles stepped out from behind it. That must've been the bathroom. At least I assumed it was the bathroom because where else was I supposed to pee?

  Peeing on someone is a kink. Jesus, not my kink.

He dressed the same way he always did but with the top buttons of his shirt undone and his hair a little tousled. Did he have another girl before me? Actually, I didn't want to know.

"Jesus Christ, don't do that." I let out a long breath and placed my hand on my collarbone.

"Do what?" he looked at me confusedly.

"Put yourself in stealth-mode. What are you? Some weird Fifth Grader who runs with their arms stuck out behind their back?"

He shook his head, finding my anxiousness amusing and ran a hand through his hair. "You done?"

"Depends. Are you going to turn into Pennywise next?" he didn't answer, "Fine. I'm done."

"Good." He nodded and walked over to a set of drawers and pulled out a velvet bag. My mind was racing, and I couldn't help but feel the awkward tension.

"Before we start this," I began saying, "I want my own copy of the contract – questionnaire included."

"Why?" he asked, placing the bag on the bed.

"Safety reasons. You'll send it to me, and I'll print it out. That way I have a digital and physical copy." I explained. I wasn't an idiot.

"And if I don't?" he challenged.

"Then I walk out that door, end this arrangement and tell everyone you're in a weird sex cult that worships Shakira." He could see in my eyes that I wasn't joking. Studying Law had its benefits I had to admit.

My eyes watched as he took his phone out of his pocket and spent a minute tapping on the screen before my phone lit up with an email from him. Good.

"There." He answered before placing his phone on top of the bedside table. "Good enough for you?"

"Just about."

"Can I continue the session?" he already seemed to be getting annoyed, yet I couldn't care less. I already had a digital copy of the contract anyways when I signed, but him listening to me now and doing it so I felt comfortable meant I could trust him further with this arrangement. Trusting Knowles seemed like a joke and in many ways it was. Despite that, I trusted legal contracts which was the very thing binding me and him to this moment.

"If you must." I answered, crossing my arms over my chest.

He stared at me for a moment, his eyes boring right into mine and suddenly I grew nervous. the tightness of my dress felt constricting and my skin grew hot. No one else was in here but us. In all the countless times we came in space of one another, it was always public. All the arguments, all the death glares. We were never alone.