Four - 1:30am

"Where are we going?" Toby mumbles so quiet it's nearly inaudible.

"The Daycare!" Sam smiles, continuing to pull Toby up the stairs.

"What?" Toby asks, panic in his voice. "T-the Daycare?"

"Toby!" Sam warns, trying to keep Toby from being too loud. "Shh!"

"No, I don't want to go to the Daycare!" Toby panics.

"Shh!" Sam whispers again, covering Toby's mouth to keep him from yelling. "Listen, the Daycare is where we'll be safe. Sundrop and Moondrop will keep us safe through the night."

Toby tries to push Sam's hand off his mouth, but Sam keeps his hand firmly pressed against Toby's mouth.

"Toby, you have to be quiet." Sam whispers. "We won't be safe if you shout."

That seems to make Toby want to stay quiet, and he freezes, his eye wide. Sam slowly takes his hand off Toby's mouth, then continues to pull him toward the Daycare.

But before they can reach the Daycare and slide down the slide, Sam hears what sounds like animatronic footsteps coming towards him and Toby.

Toby hears the footsteps and panics, letting out a shrill sound escape his lips and freezing. He realises his mistake too late however. Instantly covering his mouth with his hands, Toby's eyes widen, and Sam turns off his flashlight, trying not to draw attention to themselves.

"Shh," Sam whispers, barely audible. He quickly drags Toby over to a corner and they crouch down, right as the animatronic footsteps get louder.

"Hey, little guy!"

The animatronic is Monty. He had obviously seen them or been alerted by Roxy, so he calls out to the two children he sees running towards a dark, hidden corner.

"Little guy, I know yer here.." Toby shuffles, panicking as Monty steps come closer. "Come out, come out, wherever ya are.."

Sam watches through the darkness as Monty comes closer to them, Toby panicking beside him. Sam knows Monty won't hurt them, but he had to admit that Monty could be a little scary sometimes.

"Toby, Monty can't hurt us." Sam whispered. "Maybe he could even help us."

Toby doesn't answer, so Sam decides to take a leap of faith. As Monty speaks through the darkness, saying, "Come on out, I won't hurt ya..", Sam turns on his flashlight, and points it at Monty.

Sam looks at Monty for a second, then Monty speaks again, "Hey! Little guys, what are ya doing here? It's one in the mornin'. It's not safe 'ere after hours, y'know."

Monty crouches down infront of them, and Sam notices that he doesn't look so scary up close. His voice is even slightly concerned and quiet.

"We were trying to get to the Daycare.." Sam whispers to Monty, and Toby clearly unsure whether he should trust Monty.

"Oh," Monty nods. "But, it's still not safe 'ere after midnight. Roxy's on edge, and there seems to be somethin' in the air tonight.."

Monty pauses, looking at the two children.

"C'mon," He stands up. "I'll help you get to the Daycare. It's safer than bein' out 'ere. Follow me!"

Sam stands up, Toby following, and Monty helps them safely to the Daycare.

"Hmm, even the Daycare seems to be strange.." Monty says, looking down into the Daycare. "The lights are off, and.. where's the music..?"

Monty pauses once again, but quickly changes the topic.

"C'mon, in the Daycare you'll be safe. I need to try and figure out what's going on tonight.."

Sam let's Toby slide into the Daycare first, then he turns to Monty.

"Thanks Mr. Monty..." Sam whispers.

"No problem, kid." Monty says, watching Sam as he entered the slide. "Just be careful alright?"

"I will," Sam smiles, before sliding into the Daycare, which was strangely pitch black.