Chapter 1

Eleven years before 6/1/2012:

Cory's P.O.V.

I opened my eyes to the shining light in my room at Saint Peterson's orphanage. I got up to look around since I was the oldest kid in an orphanage and got a room by myself. I groaned as I got up from the bed. I looked around my room; it was a small but comfortable room. I stretched my bones, then Mrs.Maxwell started to yell to come for breakfast. Yawning, I got up and walked downstairs, seeing everyone else running for breakfast. Once I was there, I got a plate of pancakes, eggs, toast, and sausages. I sat down and started to eat. I smiled to myself and said, Today I'm going to college and leaving this entire town behind me. 

I have been in the foster care system since my parents left town, along with my sister. I haven't seen them since I was around six or seven years old. But I can't think of them right now! Thinking about the past will only bring me down, and I need to think of the possible future, for I'm going to college to study business, filming, photography, crime, and math, and I've got a small apartment in Concord, New Hampshire! Plus, I need to start packing today.

I got up to my room and took a deep breath, knowing today was my last day here. Once there, I started to pack up my clothes, phone, other stuff, blankets, and a poster of my new college. I got my backpack phone, charger, and wallet. I had about $3,000 in here to get and cash my last paycheck from my old job. I walked downstairs and saw the exits of the orphanage, but someone tapped my shoulder. I looked and saw Mrs.Maxwell. "Ummm... Mrs.Richard?" I said. "Cory, if you need to come back here! Or if you need someone to talk to; I'm here. Remember that, okay?" She said it in a motherly tone. I smiled at her, I hugged her goodbye, and then everyone yelled 'bye' to me.

 ~times skip~

I smiled at the sign. I was here in New Hampshire, new life, with new faces, a new town, and a fresh start. Once the bus stopped, I grabbed my phone, wallet, and bags. I got off the bus and started to walk to my new apartment. Once I was there, I got out my ID and made my first payment. The office lady talked to me about the apartment complex that was nearby the college I'm going to this school year. She gave me the key to the apartment; it wasn't too small, but it wasn't too big either. It was perfect. I started to unpack my new apartment.

I looked around and saw a single mattress on the floor. I took out my blankets and put them on the mattress, and I laid down on it. Which was pretty comfortable for an old mattress. 

I felt my eyes getting heavy; I needed some shut-eye. I rested my head on the pillow I brought with me and shut my eyes.

To be continued...

A/n Yeah, I decided to start chapters 1–2 with how Cory was discovered by the foundation, but chapter one will start on how he got to New Hampshire.