Chapter 9; Potions Class

Hadrian bounced in his seat up until he heard the door slam open. He then stoned his face to a serious look, making sure his writing hand was ready. Blaise and Draco were disturbed by Hadrian's newfound seriousness. Severus gracefully, but quickly, walked along the wall shutting the window blinds, until he was in front of his desk. 

Severus - "I am Severus Addams-Prince, and I am your Potions Instructor."

The small eleven year Gryffindors gawked at Severus's unnaturally handsome appearance. He silk-like black hair was pulled into a low ponytail, chains and a dragon tooth earring hung from his left ear, his face was scarred but only if you really stared hard enough to see them. 

Instead of the sleek black robe he wore the other day and during meals, he wore a black, long-sleeve shirt made from silk, a dragonhide vest, deep brown slacks with a dragonscale belt, and tightly laced dragonhide boots. All in all, if he hadn't been out in the sunny Great Hall earlier, everybody would've thought he was a vampire with his unimaginable beauty and grace. 

Severus - "I tolerate no mischief or Pranks in this class. Such actions could lead to serious injury, if not death. Potions is one of your core classes, and I have the power to fail you and prevent you from getting any decent job in the future. On the other hand, if you are well behaved, studious, and work hard enough, I will help you every step of the way to become your best self. 

 Potions is a brilliant addition to any resume, and will guarantee you a fantastic career, whether you actually do potions there or not. Even you do not pursue a career in anything and travel, potions are a bloody good way to defend yourself from Snatchers and Death Eaters if done correctly. I won't have you do anything today, it being the first day and all. However I do need to give you all something to do. 

 So, take out one foot of parchment and write a short essay about yourselves. such as your likes, dislike, hobbies, aspirations, etc. You'll be spending seven years with the people in this classroom, so it's better if you get acquainted with one another to better support each other. You can all turn it in tomorrow so you plenty of time to work on it. Put real thought into it. If you turn this assignment into a joke, that is how I will see the rest of your work for the entire seven or eight years you'll be here. A joke. Any questions?"

Several hands went up in an instant, gaining a chuckle. Hadrian was too busy writing down his words to raise his own hand. 

Severus - "Miss Lavender Brown?"

Lavender - "You look young for a Professor. If you don't mind, old old are you?"

Severus - "A good, but off subject, question. I'm twenty five. I meant are there any questions to your course work? I do not like answering personal questions."

All but one hand went down. Finally finished his writing, Hadrian's hand was raised as high as he could without standing. 

Severus - "Mr Hadrian Addams?"

Hadrian - "In future lessons, are we going to learn advanced potions?"

Severus - "Fantastic question. Yes you are, but not until fifth year. I could have some of you bumped up to higher potions classes if you complete an aptitude test, however that test is not available until your second year. If there are no more questions, begin your essay."

Hadrian chewed on the butt of his pencil, wondering what to write.

"My name is Hadrian Friday Addams. I do not like to talk about myself too much, so I will try to keep this short. 

My family is big and kooky. My Mum and Dad are Morticia and Gomez Addams. My Uncles are Severus Prince-Addams and Fester Addams. I only have my Grandma as my grandparent, but she's brilliant and funny and only a little bit insane. My twin-not-twin sister is Wednesday and my older brother is Pugsley. 

I like to bake sweets, and am actually quite good at it. I also like to brew advanced potions with my older brother and Dad. 

My grandma is the one who taught me to cook and bake. We make Yak Stew, Salamander Sandwiches, and even bake animals when they trespass on our property. 

My big brother likes to pick me up to show off his strength from playing Quidditch and Quodpot .

I am on the Autism Spectrum. My special interests are baking/cooking and potions. I hate physical contact unless I initiate it or if it's from my family. I also dislike bullies and naysayers. 

When I'm an adult I plan to be a brilliant baker and open the greatest bakery the Wizarding world has ever seen. I would also do potions on the side, because I love potion brewing. I tried to brew a wiggenweld potion before school, but my Dad ruined it, causing us both to stuck to the wall until Mum and Grandma got us down. 

This is the end of Hadrian P. Addams essay."

Hadrian looked over his essay, quickly proofreading it for mistakes. After a few minutes he, along with Hermione, gave their rolled up parchments to Severus. He and Hermione exchanged soft spoken smiles before sitting back down. 

"Hadrian and Miss Granger. Since you two are the first finished you two may read quietly. Don't make too much noise as to not distract your peers."

Hermione - "Okay Professor."

Hadrian took Wednesday's "Big Book of Toxins and Maladies" from his briefcase and read quietly, often bookmarking sections with tie-dye sticky notes for his sister. 

Vote, comment, and have a fantabulous day 💖💖😊😊 
980 words 
Enjoy 

I'm happy that so many people like this book! I'd love to hear some feedback in the comments, don't be shy! There's no such thing as a stupid comment! 

Revised 11/05/2023, 11:00 AM