Chapter 10; Charms Fiasco & Potions Fun

Hadrian was smiling all the way to to his next class. Charms. Granted it was his weakest subject, but it was an all Slytherin Class. He sat in a seat closest to front to better see the wand movements. 

Flitwick - "Hello my Slytherin students! I am Professor Flitwick, your Charms Professor. We won't do much today, just reading basic theory on the Levitation Charm."

Hadrian dutifully read the chapter, and writing a scroll on the best uses and the disadvantages to using it in combat. 

Flitwick - "Mr. Addams, what are you doing?"

Hadrian waved his wand in front of him. Letters spelled out, I'm writing about the advantages and disadvantages about using this charm in combat.

Flitwick - "Well, good for being on the ball, but stay on topic please."

There were a few snickers through the other first years with Hadrian's head bowed down slightly. During the class period, Hadrian kept getting told off for writing about different charms instead of reading. Then Flitwick had enough.

Flitwick - "Mr. Addams, is my class so dull that you need ways to occupy yourself?"

Hadrian - "N-no sir, I-I've already read th-this book last year."

Flitwick - "Alright then perform a charm from anywhere in the book and I will allow you to be exempt from classes."

Hadrian - "O-kay."

Hadrian looked at an apple of Flitwick desk, and raised his wand.

Hadrian - "Accio Apple."

The apple flew into his hand, much to the fascination of everyone.

Hadrian - "Incendio."

The apple burst into flames, shriveling up, and gaining a nice char.

Hadrian - "Depulso."

The burned up apple vanished. 

Hadrian - "W-Was that go-good Professor Flitwick?"

Flitwick - "Good? That was simply astonishing, lad! I'll get you into a fourth year charm class sometime this year. For today however, take this note and go too Professor Prince."

Hadrian got up, took the note, and left the room as fast as he could. He could feel the hate filled stares of his classmates. Practically flying down the stairs, Hadrian stood in front of the potion classroom door. Knocking timidly, the door opened with no one behind it. 

Hadrian - "Mr. Prince? Oh, um...Professor Prince?"

Severus - "I'm here Hadrian."

Hadrian jump and saw Severus taking stock of his potion ingredients.

Severus - "You are supposed to be in Charms. What brings you here?"

Hadrian handed him the note Flitwick gave him. 

Severus - "A detention for insubordination?"

Hadrian - "What?!"

Severus - "Hadrian, what happened?"

Hadrian took out his notebook and wrote out what happened before coming to the potions lab.

Severus - "Hmm. Well, I don't think I can fault you for anything here. Would you like to help categorize my potion stores?"

Hadrian - "Yes!"

Hadrian was given a separate clipboard and he ran throughout the room jotting down everything he found in alphabetical order; even going as far to write down the expirations of the ingredients. The whole process took up the rest of the time block. So Hadrian had to trudge to Transfiguration with his briefcase.

Vote, comment, and have a fantabulous day 💖💖😊😊 
510 words 
Enjoy 

Revised 11/05/2023, 11:09 AM