Chapter 16; Tutoring

Hadrian helped Bill all night to work on his proposal most of the night on Saturday and most of the morning on Sunday. He was exhausted, but excited. Bill would take Severus into his personal chamber for a romantic dinner. Marnie will pop in with a folded letter. When Severus reads the letter, he'll look up to see Bill on one knee with a gorgeous silver, celtic knot band with three emeralds. 

Hadrian informed his siblings and they wrote a letter home. Surprisingly enough, they also received a letter right after they sent theirs out. Pugsley got it, and he had to take his siblings to secluded area to read it to them. 

"My precious children. I write to you to tell you of my miscarriage. I was pregnant with your little brother, but I unfortunately lost the baby. Your father and I are beside ourselves. We plan to adopt a child of nine years to help with our grief. His name is Pubert. He was abused by his muggle parents when he displayed accidental magic. We will let you know via Hedwig or Socrates when the process is finalized. On other news, Grandmama found her gift early. She loves her gift and is making you each new winter scarves. Hadrian and Wednesday, I wish for you two to get help with your weaker subjects, Charms and Herbology. Pugsley, try to not With love, your Mother."

Wednesday wrote back to their mother while Hadrian refed Pugsley and Thing's thumb war. 

"Thing wins again!"

"Damn. Can never beat you, huh Thing?"

Thing patted Pugsley's shoulder before resting on Hadrian's shoulder. 

"Hadrian, dude, what the Merlin's left tit is on your arm?"

"Thing?"

"Yeah, what is it?"

"Draco, that's what it is. Thing is Thing. Thing's been with our family for generations of Addamses. Don't worry, Thing may be a prankster, but Thing nothing more than a harmless menace."

"And that's why Thing prefers Hadrian over you. Thing even enjoys my company more than yours to an extent."

Thing hopped to Wednesday's head and carefully patted her hair to not ruin her braids, then violently ruffled the others hair, since they didn't care. 

"That's not true. Thing likes Pugsley. Thing is like our Uncle, he loves all three of us."

Hadrian put Thing back on his shoulder before getting up. 

"Sister, I'm going to the greenhouse to try and learn more."

"Alright. Thing, keep him safe. I'll join you in a few minutes. Pugsley, go with him."

"Alright Wednesday. See you soon, little sister."

Pugsley kissed Wednesday's temple and caught a hunting knife before it hit his right shoulder. He then lifted Hadrian over his head to sit on his shoulders. 

"What greenhouse do you want to go to, baby bro?"

"Um, four."

"Off we go then!"

Pugsley held onto Hadrian's ankles and jogged out to the greenhouses. When they reached greenhouse four, they heard yelling. Pugsley set Hadrian down and pull out his wand. Hadrian held his staff, which was shrunk, so Pugsley quickly grew the staff and rushed through the door. What they saw had them laughing hysterically. 

Neville was smiling at two other Hufflepuffs who were screaming while they dangled from the roof. He was petting a small Devil's Snare. 

"Um, Neville was it?"

"Yup! These two upper years tried attacking me and my plants so my older Devil's Snare protected us. She won't hurt them, just scare them a little. Dad taught me a bunch about putting the fear of me into people. Am I doing it right?"

"Yes. Great job. Can they come down? I'll take them to your Head of House."

"Alright. Beatrice, they can come down now."

The sentient plant dropped the two prats onto itself, so they wouldn't get too hurt, and shoved them the ground. Pugsley ruffled Hadrian's hair. 

"Bro, I'll be back soon. Try not to get hurt in the meantime, kay?"

"Okay Pugsley! Thing will keep me safe."

Pugsley dragged the two second year Hufflepuffs out of the greenhouse by their arms. Hadrian and Neville laughed and giggled at the upper years misfortune.

"What brings you to my domain Hadrian? And severed hand."

"his name is Thing, and my Mom wanted me to try and improve my weaker subjects. And my weakest is Herbology."

"I can help you, no problem! We can start with Devil's Snare, since Beatrice is already here."

"Is Bea nice?"

"She's an older Snare. She's around fifty meters long, two meters wide, and she's like an Aunt to me."

The two boys and Beatrice the Devil's Snare worked on how to get through without aggravating her. It took a few times, but Beatrice never lost control and strangled the living crap ou t of the nervous, black haired boy. 

Hadrian was hanging upside down with his knees hooked on Beatrice, who was stretched all through the greenhouse's rafters and both boys were swinging and hanging around like a jungle gym. 

"Hadrian, dear brother. Why are off the ground?"

"Wednesday!"

Hadrian unhooked his legs and Beatrice quickly wrapped a vine around his waist and lowered him to the ground. 

"Thank you Bea. Wednesday! This is Beatrice! She's a really nice Devil's Snare!"

"Who does...Beatrice, belong to?"

"Me!"

Neville walked through the rafters and jumped down and landed in a pile of cushy vines. 

"Thanks Beatrice. Hello Wednesday."

"Longbottom-Lestrange. Did you learn Hadrian?"

"Yeah! I learned lots about Devil's Snare with Beatrice and Neville's help!"

"I'm pleased to hear it. Thank you, Longbottom-Lestrange."

"It was no trouble at all. Is there more plants you want to know more about?"

"The Wiggentree!"

"Hmm. I don't actually have a Wiggentree, but I heard from my Dad there's one in the Forbidden Forest."

"Can we go Wednesday?"

"Of course we can. We will wait for Pugsley, for extra hands, in case we can not handle something."

"Okay, we can talk about Bowtruckles in the meantime. They are the guardians of the Wiggentree."

"The bark is used for the Wiggenweld potion!"

Wednesday sat back and listened to her brother and his friend talk. 

Vote, comment, and have a fantabulous day 💖💖😊😊  
978 words  
Enjoy