Chapter 13; Herbology Prodigies

When the twins woke up they had ten minutes before Herbology; a joint class of Slytherin and Hufflepuff. He watched as Wednesday straightened both their robes and hair. He cast a silent scouring charm to clean them a bit further, making them presentable. 

Severus - "Marnie will escort you both to Herbology so you're not late. Afterward, both of you and your brother will be in my office with Professor McGonagall and the the two bastards who who were bullying you."

Wednesday - "Okay Uncle Severus. I appreciate the efforts you are putting forth for my little brother's mental state. Hadrian appreciates it also."

Hadrian - "Thank you, Uncle Sev." 

Severus - "You're my family. Your father, mother, Uncle Fester, and Grandmama would all hex me into oblivion if I didn't do at least this much."

Severus kissed both their foreheads and sent them off with Marnie. Mcgonagall changed back into her human form from behind his desk. 

Severus - "Hi Minnie, thanks for coming."

McGonagall - Severus, you must stop wearing that ear chain, it's unbecoming."

Severus - "I like them, and it was a gift for my boyfriend."

McGonagall - "Ah yes, forgive me. How is William?"

Severus - "He's working as a curse breaker in Egypt at the moment. We're celebrating he twenty-sixth birthday at my family home. You're more than welcome to join us."

McGonagall - "I would love to, but you had to speak to me about two cubs of mine?"

Severus - "Yes, Bill's youngest brother Ronald and his friend Dean Thomas. It's faster if you view the memories than explaining."

Severus lead her to his already waiting pensive. Extracting his memories of Hadrian's panic and explanation, he carefully poured them into the pensive for her to view. 

<~>

Hadrian and Wednesday both decidedly hated apparition. They arrived at Herbology five minutes early. Professor Sprout jumped at the crack of apparition. 

Sprout - "Wednesday, Hadrian. Your Uncle told me you'd be here early. You want to tell me what happen sweethearts?"

Wednesday - "Hadrian?"

Hadrian nodded slightly, hiding behind Wednesday. 

Sprout - "Here you go sweetie, have a double chocolate chip cookie."

Hadrian - "Th-thank you P-professor."

Sprout - "Dear, when we're alone, you can call me Nana, okay?"

Hadrian - "Okay Nana."

Wednesday - "Auntie Sprout, first off, my brother is transgender."

Sprout - "Alright."

Wednesday - "Long story short, two Gryffindors cornered my brother during our flying lesson, deadnaming him and trying to force him under a compulsion potion. Uncle Severus is extracted Hadrian's memory later as evidence for Aunt Minnie. Was your cookie laced with a potion?"

Sprout - "Yes. A calming draught. I have two kinds of cookies here, one for my diabetic students and one for my student who are having panic attacks. You can never be too careful."

Hadrian - "Nana is a very good teacher."

Sprout - "Thank you sweetie. Here have one of the normal sweet cookies, and a double dark chocolate one I made special for you, Wednesday, and take a seat up in the front. No one will bother you right in front of me." 

Wednesday nibbled on her cookie as Hadrian's cookie was half gone. 

Wednesday - "Try mine Brother. I will be pleased if you can make these for me over the holiday."

Hadrian - "I'll do my best."

Pomona smiled lovingly at the two siblings. It was the cutest sight she'd seen in a while. She quietly granted five points to both of them for inter-house unity. Soon enough the other first year Slytherin and Hufflepuffs filed into the classroom. 

Sprout - "Hello students. To the Slytherins, I am Professor Sprout, your Herbology professor. In this class, you will all learn about magical plants. For ten points, who can name me three? Yes, Mr. Longbottom-Lestrange?"

A semi-short Hufflepuff with a smile so bright it melted the Slytherin hearts. 

"Chinese Chomping Cabbage, Deadly Nightshade, and Venomous Tentacula!"

Sprout - "Wonderful, thank you Mr. Longbottom-Lestrange. Ten points to Hufflepuff. An extra point for the beautiful enthusiasm. We won't do much for today's class. I just want to see some mingling between houses. Walk around, talk to your classmates. To help with that."

She waved her wand to change the green and silver and yellow and black to pure white. 

Sprout - "There we go. No house bias here. Whenever you walk into my greenhouses, your robe colors will be turned to white. And if you try to say what house your apart of, you'll be spitting edible chocolate bubbles. The chocolate taste will fade into a soapy taste the more often it happens it happens. If you want chocolate you can come to me, you are all entitled to one double chocolate chip cookie per class, but only one. With all that out of the way, go and mingle with your classmates."

Hadrian and Wednesday were very curious about the one student called Longbottom-Lestrange. Hadrian led Wednesday over to the excited boy. He was talking about the Devil's Snare in the corner very animatedly to Draco. 

Hadrian - "Hello." 

Wednesday - "Greetings. You seem to know quite a bit about Herbology."

Neville - "Yup, Neville Longbottom-Lestrange, at your service! Most people look at me weird because of my last name, but my Mum and Dad are great people. My Mum is Alice Longbottom, famous Auror for the Ministry, and my Dad is Rabastan Lestrange, brother to the Death Eaters that put my Mum in St. Mungos."

Hadrian - "Come sit at our table. Draco can come too."

Draco - "Thank you for inviting me, oh Neville, I didn't introduce myself. I'm Draco Black." 

Neville - "It's a pleasure to know you Draco!"

Hadrian and Wednesday led their two friends back to their table. They spent the rest of the class talking about the beautifully flowering Devil's Snare.

Sprout - "Alright class. It's time for your free period. Mr. Addams, come here a moment."

Hadrian walked up to her desk, fidgeting with his hands with anxiety. She smiled warmly at him and handed him a folded slip of paper. Opening it, his eyes widened and a large smile broke out across his face. The recipes for the double dark chocolate and double chocolate chip cookies were written neatly and clearly on the paper, along with directions to the kitchen. 

Hadrian - "Thank you Nana!"

Hadrian whispered under his breath so no one else would hear the affectionate nickname. He quickly showed the paper to Wednesday and she offered him a small hair shuffle. 

Wednesday - "Let's go Hadrian. We must go to Uncle's office now. We must not keep him waiting."

Hadrian - "Okay."

Hadrian placed the slip of paper next to the box of ornate needles from Transfiguration. He then held Wednesday's hand as she led him down the stairs into the dungeons. 

Vote, comment, and have a fantabulous day  💖💖😊😊   
1121 words  
Enjoy  

This chapter is dedicated to BattleOfD-Day 🎂

Revised 11/07/2023, 5:07 PM