Chapter 11; Transfiguration Madness

Walking down the hall to Transfiguration was nerve-racking. Hadrian's second strongest subject was transfiguration, but if the way Charms happen was any reference, he wasn't too optimistic.

Pugsley - "Hey bro!"

Hadrian jumped as he was scooped up from behind. He elbowed his supposed attacker in the face. 

Pugsley - "Good arm, Hads."

Pugsley gave him a thumbs up as the other first years stared at his bloody nose. His blood drenched the front of his robe and uniform rather quickly, but his thumbs up and immensely proud look creeped out the other first years. Hadrian quickly fixed his nose and vanished the blood. He looked apologetic and hugged Pugsley back. 

"Class?"

"None right now, I have a free period. You going to Transfiguration?"

Hadrian nodded his head, solemnly. Pugsley quickly picked up on this scooping Hadrian up and plopping him on his shoulders. Hadrian giggled at his silly big brother's antics.

Pugsley - "I can tell what your feeling Hadrian."

Pugsley was speaking quietly to Hadrian, to not attract people's attention more than he already had. 

Pugsley - "I'll speak to McGonagall and offer to help her with her class. Can I see your timetable?"

Hadrian dug in his briefcase and pulled his General Studies folder. He handed the whole folder to Pugsley. 

Pugsley - "Oh hey, Wednesday's in your class."

Hadrian - "Sister?"

Pugsley - "Yup! This class is gonna be amazing. The Addams are invading."

Hadrian - "Yeah!"

Hadrian laughed with Pugsley as they neared the classroom. His previous nervousness seemingly vanished with Pugsley's attention to detail and perfected goofiness. He knew how to make anyone in his family go from scared and timid to happy and laughing with a few bad jokes and the perfect amount of charisma. Hadrian was lifted off of his big brother's shoulders right outside the classroom. 

Hadrian - "Wednesday!"

The young girl was sitting at the table alone, having chased away every Hufflepuff wanting to work with her. Her allowing some Slytherin to attack her with a hug, shocked all of the Hufflepuffs speechless, even more so, when she hugged him back. 

Wednesday - "Hello Hadrian. Pugsley."

The Hufflepuffs and Slytherins were again shocked when Pugsley Addams, the most popular Gryffindor student in Hogwarts history since Sirius Black, rushed the two and squeezed them both tightly in his arms. 

Pugsley - "Hello my vicious baby sister and my intelligent baby brother."

Pugsley walked up to the teachers desk, whispered something to the tabby cat with square markings around its eyes, and stood off to the side. After every student sat down, with a nervous Draco Black sitting next to an arrogant Ernie Macmillan. Hadrian recognized him from that morning at the Hufflepuff table.

Ernie - "I can't believe I'm sitting with a bloody Malfoy of all people."

Draco - "My name is Draco Black."

Ernie - "Sure. Everyone knows you're a Malfoy. I'd rather work alone than work with you."

Pugsley cleared his throat, bringing everyone's attention to the front. The tabby cat jumped off the desk turning into Professor McGonagall. 

McGonagall - "Well, Mr Macmillan, you may have your request. Mr. Black, come up to work with Miss and Mr Addams."

Pugsley expanded their table to accommodate a third child. Hadrian sat Draco between him and Wednesday. 

McGonagall - "Hello students. In this class you will learn both the theory and practical efforts behind transfiguration."

She then turned her desk into a large pot belly pig before turning it back into her desk. 

McGonagall - "Today, Pugsley Addams is helping out with today's class. For the first lesson you will turn this match stick into a needle. If you need assistance, raise your hand for me or Mr. Addams."

Hadrian was able to make his matchstick silver and slightly pointy, Wednesday's matchstick was still a matchstick but sharp enough to draw blood without Pugsley noticing, and Draco's needle was perfect, bright silver and pointy. 

McGonagall - "Excellent work Mr. Black."

Hadrian kept practicing with Wednesday and Draco until all their matches were pure silver with a nice and sharp point. After Hadrian got the okay from McGonagall, he stylized the needles with tiny engraving of nightshade and vines. 

He and Wednesday made a set of those needles varying in sizes to gift their Grandmama for her upcoming birthday. She liked making and fixing most of their clothes. Pugsley transfigured a snuff box McGonagall had into a metal case with a small glass opening. The box was a stainless steel but colored in a beautiful shade of séance purple. 

Hadrian kept the box and placed it carefully into his briefcase so others wouldn't steal it. He quietly enchanted his briefcase with a password so no one would be able to open it expect him and his siblings. 

McGonagall - "Okay enough work wands down. Today's homework will be to write a foot of parchment about the theory of transfiguration, and what you are most excited about learning in the future. Any questions?"

Draco's hand skyrocketed, very quickly.

McGonagall - "Mr. Black?"

Draco - "At the start of class you were a cat, is that a form of self transfiguration?"

McGonagall - "Yes, is the art of Animagi. A tabby cat, as you have all seen, is my animagus form, as well as my patronus. You will learn both the patronus charm and about animagi in your fifth year. Any further questions?"

No one's hands rose, except for a timid red headed girl wearing Hufflepuff robes. 

McGonagall - "Ms. Bones?"

Susan - "Will we become great at this subject if we work hard enough?" 

McGonagall - "Yes my dear, anyone who works hard enough at whatever they do, no matter the subject, they will grow to be great. No further questions? Good, off to your flying lesson. Mr. Addams, a word mind you."

Pugsley stay behind while Wednesday and Hadrian made their way out to the field for their "first" flying lesson at school. 

Vote, comment, and have a fantabulous day 💖💖😊😊  
983 words  
Enjoy  

Revised 11/05/2023, 11:30 AM