A Gentleman for A Lady

I looked out the bedroom window at the wildflowers flourishing below and smiled. It was a Sunday morning, and the sun shone down brightly. There was a cool breeze cutting through the 80 degree weather. I heard a rustle and turned back towards the bed.

Evelyn sat up, stretching her arms and groaning away her sleep.

"Good morning, Mr. Cavill," she giggled. I smiled and came over to her.

"Good morning, Mrs. Cavill," I replied, leaning down and kissing her. "Don't forget, we have dinner with your parents tonight." Evelyn smiled and got out of bed, heading straight for the shower. I threw a towel in the dryer for her.

I brought the towel as she was turning off the water, and she grabbed me and kissed me again. I laughed.

"Evelyn, you're getting me wet," I chuckled.

"Oh please. Don't tell me you're wearing that to have dinner with my parents," she laughed at my pajamas.

We giggled and kissed, eventually making our way to the bed. I undressed quickly, pushing myself into her. She moaned and held onto me tightly, wrapping her legs around me. I reached climax shortly after she did, collapsing on the bed beside her.

"Great," she snorted. "Now I have to shower again." I burst out laughing.

"That's alright, I could use one too," I laughed, following her into the shower.

Once we were cleaned and dressed Evelyn's parents arrived.

"My darling baby," Mrs. Grant cooed at Evelyn. "You look radiant today."

"Hello, mama," Evelyn smiled, kissing her mother on the cheeks.

Evelyn's father reached out and shook my hand.

"Nice to see you Henry," Mr. Grant said gruffly, patting me on the back.

"We've missed you," I responded, returning the back pat.

"So," Evelyn's mom continued. "I heard the wedding pictures were finished!" Evelyn giggled.

"Yes mama, we just haven't hung any up yet."

"Knowing you, you never will," Mr. Grant chortled, provoking a playful sneer from Evelyn. I smiled. My family, everyone.

We finally made it into the living room, pulling out all of the prints from our wedding day. Evelyn's mom oohed and ahhed at all the pictures, saying things like 'this one is my favorite. No - this one is my favorite' with Evelyn giggling the whole time.

"Henry," Mr. Grant said to me. "Let's go to the kitchen for a glass of wine while these ladies go through the pictures."

"Oh honey, don't you want to see them?" Mrs. Grant called as we walked away.

"Lydia, we were there," he chuckled, shaking his head. I poured a glass of wine for the both of us.

"Henry," Mr. Grant continued. "You know I love Evelyn and care for her very much."

"Of course I do," I smiled at him.

"Yes well. I'm just grateful that a wonderful lady like Evelyn found a gentleman like you." I took a deep breath.

"Trust me, I'm the truly lucky one," I sighed. Mr. Grant only nodded. We stood in the kitchen, sipping our wine quietly before the women in the other room began calling to us.

"Well," Mr. Grant chucked, "better get used to that." I chuckled softly. I knew I would never be used to it, but I was very excited. Wait until Evelyn gives them the box, my mind teased. See how much her dad likes you then. I laughed at the thought. If he liked me well enough to let me marry his daughter, I didn't see why making him a grandfather would make him like me less.

I walked up to Evelyn and gave her a kiss, inciting an "aww" from her mother. I looked out the window just in time to see the sun setting quietly over the horizon.