An unexpected interruption

I ignore the boring—and very wordy—lecture Odin is giving Thor at his coronation. I wonder all the hell I can pull on Thor. All the things I had not done to Thor are at the mere tips of my fingers. How nice would it be to not be the one initiating an attack on the vault. I suppose it is never going to happen since only I am capable of sneaking in Frost Giants.

Hah, at least I am not the one setting things in motion.

A heavy sound makes the ground tremble beneath my boots.

Frost Giants.

But how?

The coronation is stopped.

Odin,Thor, and I went to check on the vault. The walls are scorched in deathly darkness, two asgardians perished by the hands of the foul intruders, and the floor is cracked in rugged dents. A feeling nagged me. A dangerous unsettling kind of feeling.

"Why attack now?" Thor asks.

"I suppose they thought everyone wouldn't notice," I guess. "When they are very wrong."

Odin stops.

Thor and I stop as well.

There is a shady gray smoke drifting out of the vault. The shape of a figure leaning against the wall almost sliding down terribly without balance stands out. The smoke clears away. A Frost Giant missing his legs became clear to our view. I feel a deep towards Frost Giants—that are not me,of course—coming back.

"Hello," The Frost Giant said.

"Father, let me finish—" Thor starts to say but Odin interjects.

"No," Odin said. Odin looks down towards the Frost Giant. "Who sent you here?"

"Laufey," The Frost Giant said, his eyes gazing towards me. "You think he doesn't remember?"

I feel my blood run cold.

"Remember what?" Odin asks.

The Frost Giant looks up towards Odin.

"You don't know," The Frost Giant said. "Neither of you remember," He turns his head towards me. "Except him!"

"Remember what?" I ask, pretending to not know. "That I know you are uglier than the sun?"

"No," The Frost Giant said. "You know what I am talking about."