Knights Perspective - The blades

Getting long swords similar to the one Jo normally uses was not an easy task at all. Oh by the stormy clouds of Asgard how can a Asgardian soul think it be so easy? The swordsmith handed me the swords with payment exchanged for the time.

"Thank you," I said.

"Why thank you for the puppy," The swordsmith said.

He wanted a puppy for his daughter but he didn't have the resource to do so.

"You're welcome," I said with a little laugh.

I had a bad feeling sitting in my stomach something wrong is going on. The puppy is on a chair wagging his little tail back and forth. I turn away from the man then walk out of the building into the streets of Asgard. Usually people would be walking down the streets chatting about the day or something that went on previously. Instead I saw Asgardians panicking about the sudden attack in Asgard's most important vault.

I walk past the crowd hearing the chanting of 'revenge for Asgard's fallen!' from the crowd. Normally I would intervene and try to reason with them that matters are being taken care of by the sons of Odin but I have a task to do. A task Loki had requested from me. Replace some swords and return them to the one eyed Asgardian Jo 'Lenisto' Dandottir. 'Lenisto' is a last name she goes by on Midgard for reasons not everyone knows. I walk down the street, take a right turn, make my way through a narrow passage between two buildings, and walk past a group of local friendly dogs wagging their tails.

I came to a stop at a door.

The twin swords all had characteristics and trademarks for Jo.

I knock on the door, rapidly in succession, three times.

After the third knocks of succession the door opens.

Out came Jo, the Asgardian woman lacking a right eye, with bright firey hair in a pony tail. Her shoulders are exposed enough I can see her unusually dark themed tattoo's standing out, and being in a warrior's armor. I am not in for the warrior part of Asgard's society even when I normally use my powers of spikes for various purposes.

"What is it?" Jo asks, shifting her black eyepatch over her right empty socket.

"The swords Loki borrowed from you," I said, holding them out for Jo.

"Mine," Jo said, snatching the swords from me. "Too long I've been using a short pathetic dagger on missions."

I blink, wondering how long Loki had borrowed the swords.

Jo raises her left brow.

Jo does not have a right eyebrow, at all. All that is remaining of the eyebrow is a thin scar from a fight between another Asgardian during her childhood. Well, actually, our childhood. She was more of a rebellious little girl. I promised her dad, Dan, to make sure his little girl didn't end up killing herself. Jo definitely was a wild child and that is how I met Loki. You see...we had a little adventure off Asgard's soil and I had to soften the landing. She got the scar a little after our return from a boy. Odin knows who that boy is!

Jo was born without a right eye.

"Loki put you up to this?" Jo asks.

"No," I lied,with a smile. "He did not."

"Why are you smiling?" Jo asks.

"I am happy you got your swords back," I lied.

"...Riight," Jo said, leaning against the door sounding unconvinced. "You know...girl...you smile every time you lie."

"But it is not a lie," I said. "I am really happy."

"Tell me who is the lucky girl," Jo said.

I raise my brows.

"What?" I ask.

"You are obviously lying about something," Jo said. "I have known you for a long time and you, seesh, can't make a straight lie in my face. Which is kind of awkward when you can do it in front of others and they may believe it or not believe it."

"Okay," I said, lowering my brows. "In case you haven't figured it out earlier; me and Loki. Those are the lucky people."

Jo's mouth drops.

"You are kidding," Jo said.

"No," I said. "I am not."

"I like to hear it from the man himself!" Jo said,taking out a sword from the sheath. "Wait..." She looks closer to it using her left eye. "Why is there a inscription of 'puppy' on my sword?" She glances up towards me appearing confused. "Knight...what did Loki do?"

"He broke it," I said.

"LOKI GAVE MY SWORDS TO THOR?" Jo shouts.

"I don't know about that part." I said.

"My stars," Jo said.

I had a bad feeling something had happened to Loki.

My Loki.

"...Where is Loki?" Jo asks.

"He went on a trip with Thor and his friends," I lied, this time not smiling.

"Good luck to them," Jo said. "I better go fix this error, have a good day, Knight!"

Jo shuts the door on me.

I turn around with a nagging bad feeling then begin making my way down the street.

'You do know I love you, right?' Loki had asked, holding my hand.

'I do,' I had said.

I look down towards the path.

'Where are you going?' I had said.

'Jotunheim,' Loki had said.

Could something have happened back at Jotunheim? No, Loki can take care of himself. No need to worry about someone capable of magic and taking down opponents like flies. Loki does not have the titles he has because of nothing! There is Thor and his friends, surely I am right. But a deep feeling inside my heart began to hurt. Something had gone wrong. Something Loki had not expected. I stop, leaning against the wall, feeling pain in my neck.

Last time I felt pain in my neck was growing pain.

I rub the side of my neck.

The pain is on the left side of my neck like I had been knocked out and been dragged somewhere.

What is going on?