4: rooftop

"so how'd you get into streaming?" toast asked, a smile plastered onto his face.

his hands moved the knife along the blueberry pancake, slicing a small peice and putting it into his mouth.

"to be honest, it's a long story." anya sighed, fidgeting with her fork.

"tell me it... if your comfortable of course." toast asked, his eyes fixed on his plate.

"yeah sure" anya replied cutting the pancake in halfs.

"2019.. i had a terrible breakup" anya started, her eyes turning slanted as she put the piece of pancake into her mouth.

"since we were sort of.. i guess? working in the same place.. i needed to find somewhere else to earn money. and well, a way to distract myself." anya exhaled, playing around with the mixture of maple syrup and whipped cream that had formed on her plate.

toast nodded in reassurance, as though to tell anya to keep going.

"tina? tinakitten, the plus one i got for the among us game. she started streaming on twitch, told me to join some of her games... she asked me to give live streaming a shot." anya giggled.

"and so i did, and it really did help." anya let out a sad smile, breaking her eyes from her plate and looking at toast.

"im glad you're better now." toast said, a small smile forming on his face.

"im glad too." anya replied,

truthfully, anya wasn't
exactly better and she didn't
know when she would be.

sometimes anya felt as though
she was just behaving melodramatic

or overthinking..

in simple terms, she wasn't not
"over her ex"

she just hasn't recovered.

they sat in silence for awhile, before anya picked up the conversation again.

"wait.. you live here?" anya asked, "i thought you live in LA"

"oh i'm just here visiting my sister. she moved to korea last year." toast replied, taking a sip of the warm tea.

"how long are you here for?" anya asked, not expecting much.

"two weeks." toast said, "im on a break from streaming too" he smiled.

"why? you wanna spend more time with me?" toast teased, making anya blush.

"no... fuck off" anya scolded.

"are you free after this?" toast asked,

"oh, who's the one wanting to spend more time?" anya joked, "but yeah i am."

"wanna go somewhere" toast smirked, sparkle in his eye.

"you look like you're scheming something" anya questioned, putting the last piece of pancake in her mouth.

"it's i guess.. a comfort place of sorts when i come here." he said.

"big guy toast has a comfort place?" anya teased, putting her hands together.

"fuck you." toast retaliated,