10: breakfast

"pokimane poki pokimane answer my call" toast groaned watching as the discord icon flashed on his phone infront of him.

"hello" a melodious voice answered. "you alright?" she asked.

"finally you answered." toast joked,

"hey im a busy woman you know - but what is it you need from me?" she said, her voice growing softer.

"well" toast sighed, pondering on whether he even wanted to tell poki how he was feeling.

"about....anya" he said, cringing.

"what about her?" poki replied with a smile on her face.

"you know what i'm going to ask already.." he sighed, putting his hands on his face.

poki chuckled, "oh do i.." she teased, enjoying the flustered state toast was at.

"fuck you okay hurry up and tell me your verdicts." he groaned, awaiting poki's reply.

"well" she started, "for one, i haven't seen you this worked up about something.. or well someone in awhile." she laughed, before continuing.

"i would say, take some time to really make sure its real. you know you're own flaws the best toast. i can't be the one to spoon feed them to you all the time." she groaned jokingly.

"okay, okay." toast replied, rubbing his temples.

"i guess we just need to hang out more?" he asked,

"yeah, i guess so" poki replied, "don't rush anything alright." she lectured.

"but..." she dragged, "i do need you to grow some balls." she said.

"fine." toast replied. "i will i think, maybe perhaps." he said.

"thanks again, you are a pain the ass always. but helpful sometimes." toast thanked,

"always here for ya toast" she replied ending the call.

toast dropped his phone haphazardly beside him. he stared at the ceiling, tracing back to when this all even started. it hasn't even been that long yet all the butterflies he was supposed to experience in his lifetime was stuffed into a few days.

he sighed once more, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath.

shit, i should probably ask if shes awake and better he thought, picking up his phone again.

he faced the glaring chat that was infront of him, he typed in the words he needed to say going back to delete over enthusiastic smiley faces that he thought was crucial.

hello :)
feeling better?
i left some medication
there :)

he dropped his phone back onto his bed. toast's heart picked up pace as he took a deep breath - clasping his hands together in a fist.

suddenly the phone vibrated, the sound scared him for a second but he ultimately rushed to pick up his phone to see what it could possibly be.

oh, fucking scarra went live. for fucks sake

he dropped his phone back down on the bed,
toast caught himself. why did he suddenly care so much about anya's message back, although he felt completely fine to message her the few days before that?

toast ignored the thought, brushing it aside and continuing to pretend that it didn't exist.

the phone vibrated again.