12: wish

"morning sleepyhead." anya laughed, putting her fingers through toast's hair to wake him up.

toast opened his eyes, to see anya staring back at him.

"how long was i-" his voice trailed off, the memories of what had happened last night flooding back into his mind. his face turned bright red as he stood up immediately causing anya to stumble back.

"about a few hours." anya giggled, standing up as well. "why?" anya's face turned into concern.

"no particular reason.." toast replied back, rubbing his eyes as he slowly came back to his senses recalling what had happened earlier.

does she know? she has to know right? i mean she woke up first didn't she? am i the only one that's going fucking crazy here?

"hey did you-" toast started turning to face her. before he could even continue, anya replied. "i know what you're going to say ; i'm sorry i didn't mean to fall asleep on you. thank you for not pushing me off." she said.

toast was shocked with her reply, for some reason he felt almost frustrated. why does she think it was a problem for him?

"no i mean - well, it caught me off guard but it doesn't matter i just hope you didn't feel uncomfortable." he mumbled.

anya laughed, "c'mon, you should be the one uncomfortable here toast. you barely know me and here i am making you take care of me, im sorry."

"anya.." toast sighed. "listen, i know we only met two weeks ago but.." he inched closer towards her. "there's nothing that you can do that would make me uncomfortable.. okay?" he smiled, his hand reaching out to hold her shoulders.

"stop worrying about it... idiot." he chuckled, watching as anya's worried face turned into an angry one.

"maybe you should start worrying about me kicking your ass." anya groaned, walking away from toast.

anya blushed, her face away from toast. she was suprised by her own reaction, frowning at the realisation.

its been a long time since she reacted that way to someone and she couldn't for the life of her figure out whether she loved or hated it.

the reminder of love just brought her back to a place that she didn't want to be anymore and she told herself that she would push that feeling away as much as she could.

"mario kart?" she asked toast, offering him the controller.

"anytime." he grinned taking the controller, sitting back down onto the couch.

he reached his hands out and patted the seat next to him.

anya smiled, whatever it was - love or not, she enjoyed spending time with toast.

she sat down next to him, knees almost touching - grabbing the spare controller on the table.

"i'm going to crush you." toast chuckled, eyes fixated on the screen as he shifted the keys to choose the character he wanted to use.

"wow bowser really?" anya rolled her eyes. "that's basically a carry for you." she laughed, moving her keys to choose her character.

anya's eyebrows furrowed, "baby mario." she mumbled, clicking on the confirm button.

"baby mario?! huh?" toast questioned, laughing at anya's odd choice.

"isn't he so freaking cute." she giggled, pressing on the shy guy falls track.

toast sighed, "at this point you're giving me the free win."

"what happens if you win huh?" she teased, flashing him a smile.

toast grinned back, "why not grant me a wish?" he said, his smile curved smugly.

anya rolled her eyes, "fine. but if i win you have to grant me one too."

"whatever you say, miss." he teased, his eyes turning back to the television screen.

anya pressed on the start button and the anticipated countdown followed.

"break a leg!" toast jived.

"you too!" anya replied,