11: comfy

"hello?" anya heard toast's soft knocks on the door. she walked towards it, opening the door for him.

her mouth widened, "that is so much food toast." she laughed, "well too bad! eat up." he grinned back.

anya helped toast with the bags, putting them on her coffee table infront of the television.

the both of them unpacked all the parts of the meal, everything laid down on the table perfectly.

"ahh, im so hungry!" anya said excitedly, giving toast the plastic plates before grabbing one for herself.

toast sat down next to anya, moving further away as he realised their knees were almost touching.

well, its not like it MATTERS i just don't want to make her uncomfortable that's all! toast said, lying to himself.

"thank you" he replied, digging into the pepporoni pizza.

"oh wow, it's actually so good." he heard anya say. he smiled at her reaction, he never really noticed her small dimples when she smiled. "i know the best places." he replied, chuckling.

toast took a bite of the pizza, looking back to anya.

"you have a little.." anya said, reaching out to toast's face with a piece of tissue.

anya gently wiped the piece of tissue at the corner of toast's lips, causing him to break out in a blush.

"don't just go touching people you.. pervert." he joked, moving his head away from her.

"excuse you?" she laughed, "fine be that way" she joked, putting the tissue on the table.

toast's mind was racing. how do you do that? am i the only one who's heart is racing like this? does this mean nothing to you? how do you that so easily?

before he could overthink anymore, he heard a nudge from his side.

he watched as anya's eyes fluttered shut, silently in shock that she randomly fell asleep so quickly.

i guess that's hangovers for you

"why didn't you tell me you were tired." he mumbled, pushing her plate aside.

"what the fuck am i going to do with all this food?" he complained, finishing the last bite of his pizza.

he stood up, picking up the remaining food and putting it in anya's fridge.

he placed all the rubbish into a plastic bag and put it aside taking a mental note to take the trash with him when he left.

"what do i do with you?" he sighed, sitting back down.

he looked back at her, blush immediately forming on his face.

"are you even comfortable?" he laughed seeing as she sat back straight asleep.

almost as though she had heard him, she let her legs free and dropped her head on his lap, without giving toast any room to stop her.

"what.. wait.. wa-" he panicked, stopping himself, afraid to wake her up.

soon enough, he realised the conundrum that he was stuck in. anya waking up would result in her realising she was sleeping on his lap and he didn't know if that was worse for her or him.

he sighed, rubbing his temples.

"toa-" anya mumbled in her sleep.

"what?" toast groaned, moving his head closer to her mouth.

"nothing." she giggled.

"wow you can even tease me in your sleep?" toast groaned, feeling flustered.

soon enough, toast zoned off as well his neck in such an uncomfortable position he could have dreams of weight lifting.

time felt as though it stopped, the silence was melodic. and without either of them knowing, this was the start of something bittersweet.

[ a / n ]

hello! to be honest i dont think im a good writer 😃 HAHHAAH but its something i enjoy doing so it doesnt really hurt to keep doing it ! i apologise if stuff here and there doesnt make sense, i often go back on chapters and edit stuff here and there. thank you for reading! stay tuned :)

also should i write a otv n friends zombie apocolypse type thing thoughts?