The Housemaid - Chapter Two

2: THE INTERVIEW

Christine stared at the staircase as more girls in similar slutty housemaid costumes came up. Was she really up to taking care of five young college-aged men? After what she had been through, being around them is probably not the best idea.

She began to make her way back down the stairs, determined she was set to leave. Girls giggled at her as they went up the opposite way. Some even brushed past her for no reason. That was when she realized she doubted herself for this job; everyone in this home—except for Jay—had discouraged her without them knowing.

She stopped in the middle of the staircase and faced the wall, with her anxiety building up again.  Why did Jay leave her right before she went in line? And...what were those words her brother told her before she came here again?

Don’t worry about competition. Just be yourself and…try not to run away.”

“Ladies, it’s just up the stairs, now…” Christine covered her face with her hands the moment she heard his voice again. It was not Jay, unfortunately, but Nathan. She heard giggles and maybe a slap, but it didn’t seem like it was on the face. She didn’t want to see what that was about. “Ah…so we meet again.”

“Go away,” she groaned, still facing the wall. Annoyingly, her eyes decided to water, “God, not now…”

Nathan slowly leaned against the wall by his right arm with a sort of curious expression on his face. “…Hey, if I offended you earlier…”

From the corner of her eye, Christine noticed the surprisingly concerned look on his face. His blue/green eyes watched her intently.  “No, not you…God I’m such a baby.” She quickly wiped the tears from her eyes with her fingers with a light chuckle. “I’m just…nervous.”

“Aww…well, I’m sure you’ll do great. In fact…I feel like every girl that I’ve met today isn’t as genuinely anxious as you are right now.”

She finally turned her head to look at him. That comment still made him suspicious. She shook her head. “You’re only saying that to make me feel better.”

He opened his mouth to speak, but waited until another few girls pass them by. When he saw that there were no other girl coming through, he leaned forward and said, “I’m just stating the truth. Look, you’ll be fine; I’m not allowed up there, and I’d love to try and ease your mind from anxiety, but I’ve a party to attend.”

“Hey Nath, I hope you’re not getting it on with any of the housemaids up there!” Christine heard a different male British accent, a much thicker tone to be exact. “Where the fuck is our tea? Mate, we’ve got guests coming in and out!”

Christine saw Nathan’s face turn to the color of pink. He shyly looked away with a slightly nervous chuckle. She folded her arms across her chest and thought that this boy was interesting. One minute he was this immature pervert, the next he became this shy sweetheart. Somehow this made her worries go away.

He looked at her. “…I’ll explain later, if it’s possible. Don’t worry…you’ll do wicked. I bet Max will love you.”

His eyes widened the moment he mentioned that name, as if he wasn’t supposed to mention it. Christine smiled, intrigued. “Who’s Max?”

“My bitch.” A group of sluttish girls came climbing down the stairs. One of them, who showed a lot of cleavage from that costume she wore, took Nathan by the collar of his shirt and flirtatiously stroked his face with her finger. He let out a shy smile as they continued down the stairs and gaped at their behinds. Christine rolled her eyes.

“He’s one of my mates. U-Um…I’ll catch you later…” He pointed at her, immediately realizing he had never caught her name.

“Oh…Chris. Christine.” She said. “…Good luck down there.”