The Housemaid - Chapter Eleven

NOTE: Sleepy as I type this...sooooooooo. There's soooooooooooo much more to write about. Every time I think of a main theme of a chapter, it always ends up going to the next chapter. Or maybe future chapters. But anyway. I hope you like this as much as I doooo.

Wow, eleven chapters. Cool, right? I will end this note so you can read.

11 : QUESTIONS

Christine stared at them in shock as they came in; they started asking her all these questions at once.

“Christine, are you alright?!”

“What happened?”

“Did Matt do anything to you?”

“He did.” Christine gulped as she replied to the last question, which was asked by Jay. She didn’t know what she looked like at the moment, but she knew from the look of their faces, they were clearly concerned for her.

“Bitch, I ain’t done with you!” They heard Matt call out in the pantry. It was that moment when Christine suddenly remembered what she learned in those counseling lessons, that it was good to face your fears, because in the end, the outcome would be great. Facing people that had assaulted her in the past, like her ex-boyfriend, and now Matt, was one of them.

“No, you’re not…” She hissed. She spun back to into the pantry, with the four of them confusedly following after her.

Matt was still in the same spot Christine had left him. His nose was bloodied from her fist and he was up again.

“Oh…you want some more?” He gave her a sly smirk. But that all changed when she slapped him. She pushed him against the metal shelves, which made him scoff aloud.

“Chris!” Lyla cried, stunned.

“Whatever you’ve heard about me…” Christine said, giving him a dark look. “I’m not that girl anymore.”

Her face was inches from his cheek. She could feel his heartbeat racing. She now startled him, and that’s was what she wanted to make him feel.

“So if you ever do that to me again,” she continued with a whisper in his ear. “You’re going to regret it.”

Christine finally let go of Matt, who was now avoiding her gaze. She wanted to do more to him; to make him more afraid, and to let him see that she was braver than she ever was before. Except she decided that this was enough…

She turned around to see Jay, Tom, and Nathan, all standing nearby, stunned, which wasn’t a surprising sight to see; there are so many things they still don’t know about her, and if they wanted to know, she wouldn’t know how to start explaining it to them.

She walked past them without a word. She began to smile to herself by the way she handled Matt, how he deserved that treatment after what he did to her. But a part of her still made her emotional…and doubtful. She was living with a band; would they treat her that way, too?

It was funny how one encounter may change her mind about working in the household. It was just the first week…

She continued walking past the kitchen and into the halls, where she heard the party quieted as she entered. She took a glance to see that Siva was standing near Jenna, who was seated and had her head hang low in embarrassment. Christine turned away towards the stairs, where she began to climb up.

She headed for the library, and sat between the bookshelves, hugging her knees. The peace and quiet was tranquil for her to think about what happened.

About half an hour later, she heard footsteps coming inside, and Jay calling out for her. She was reluctant at first, but she stood up and left the bookshelves to reveal herself; it surprised her that he knew where to find her.