The Housemaid - Chapter Eighteen

NOTE: The title says it all. 

A little plug before you read--

- CHECK OUT MY NEW TW FAN FIC, REFLECTIONS. IT ONLY HAS ONE CHAPTER SO FAR. 

- ALSO CHECK OUT MY OTHER TW FAN FIC, SECRETS. :)

- IF YOU HAVEN'T YET, FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @CEMENTEDWORDS. I DON'T BITE, I JUST SPAZ A LOT.

Okay, that's all. :) Enjoy!

18: BREATHER

Christine sat in on the front steps of the mansion once more and stared at the curved driveway. She had already removed what she thought was heavy make up on her face and kept her hair down and curly. It was already 10 minutes after Nathan and Siva broke the news to her about Max, and still she was upset. 

At the same time, she wasn’t surprised. It also has happened to her before…

She heard the front door open from behind, but didn’t see who it was. His familiar smell of an unfamiliar brand of cologne however, made her figure out quickly. He cautiously sat next to her, in his usual casual attire, but under a maroon zipper hoodie.

Nathan didn’t speak a word as he sat; he rubbed his hands together above his lap, staring at the sky. Christine looked at him from the corner of her eye, and smiled a little. It relieved her that he didn’t press on about Max. She was also glad it was him that kept her company, at least. 

Another sat on the opposite side of her: Siva. He smiled at her closed-mouthed when he sat. His attire was a little classier than Nathan’s, a collared shirt and jeans. He, too, smelled nice. She was now sandwiched between two young men she considered to be the most humble and laid-back out of the group. Already she felt a little better.

“Nice night, isn’t it?” Siva started to say. 

Christine shrugged. “It’s been better.”

“You can chill with us, you know.” Nathan suggested.

“Yeah, who needs Max?” Siva added.

“I know you both have other plans.” Christine sighed. “Who’d want to spend the evening with a mopey girl who was stood up by someone who she thought was cool?”

“Cheer up, Chris. I know you’re not up for staying home after…that…but Seev and I want to treat you out for the night.”

She looked at Nathan and Siva, back and forth. “Oh, really? What do you boys have in mind?”

Nathan and Siva both looked at each other and smiled. Christine still sat there, befuddled. They stood up and started walking back into the house, almost leaving her there.

She stood up and started to follow them. “Guys, come on. You’re really not gonna tell me?”

They didn’t tell her even on the way there, until they arrived at a parking lot, right at the entrance of the Santa Monica Pier and beach. Their driver dropped them off, and already from the moment Christine stepped out of the van, she could smell the salty smell and breeze of the ocean.

“We’ll ring you when we’re finished, mate.” Siva told their driver before he drove off. 

Christine looked up at the Pier above them; there was quite a crowd up there, especially a few people still hanging out in the sand. Despite living in Los Angeles all her life, she had never ever visited this place before. She was intrigued. 

“So we were thinking…” Nathan and Siva both stood in front of her, side by side. “To bring you here and have a bit of fun.”

Christine was completely taken aback by the two of them to even come up with this unexpected back up plan. She didn’t know exactly what to say, so instead, she smiled at them in awe.