The Housemaid - Chapter Twelve

NOTE: I thought it  was the best time to write this in this chapter...and there's a line in this chapter that's probably my favorite that I've written so far.  I wrote 'this' a lot sorry.

And I dedicate this chapter to @ParkerSykesGirl because she's awesome and likes/comments every time. Thank you! :)

Without further ado I give you chapter twelve.....

12: WHAT’D YOU SAY, LYLA?

Early that next morning, Nathan walked Christine to her car in the garage after she grabbed her things from the basement. She and Nathan hadn’t slept after drinking two mugs of tea each.

“Ah…can’t wait to have a weekend with Lils. You have my number, right?” Nathan asked as she stuffed her bags and uniforms in the trunk of her car. “Ring me if you need anything.”

Christine laughed after slamming the trunk closed. “You sound like my younger sister; she does this kind of thing before I leave for anywhere.”

“Ooh, is she cute?” He raised his eyebrows in curiosity.

“She’s sixteen, darling.” She lightly pinched his cheek as she slid in the driver’s seat. “And you got a girlfriend.”

Nathan closed the door for her and rested his arms on the windowless door. “Eh, she’s alright…” Christine pushed him playfully away from the car and turned on the engine. He came back with a grin. “Seriously, is your sister cute?”

“I’m leaving!” She began to pull out of the driveway.

“I’ll find out eventually!” Nathan called out.

Christine shook her head, smiling to herself. She cautiously backed out from the driveway, until finally she was able to drive through the streets. 45 minutes later, she was home, and she went straight to bed. For the rest of the day, when she woke up, she stayed in bed while her siblings were out (Joanna was out with friends; Eric took Ben to the movies).

On Sunday morning, however, she woke up with her brother, Ben, jumping on her bed.

“Get up, get up, get up!!!” He screamed excitedly.

“Ugh, Benny!” Christine rubbed her face softly. She groaned from seeing the light in her room and went under the covers.

“But you’re here!” He stopped jumping and crawled under the covers for a snuggle. Christine giggled and wrapped her arms around her younger brother for a tight hug. “It’s not the same without you!”

The covers were pulled away from both of them. Christine looked up to see her sister, Joanna with a huge grin. “So, how was it like living with a bunch of cute boys!!!”

She too hopped on the bed and joined in their cuddle. Christine still felt groggy, but being with her family was worth having lack of sleep for.

“Mm…that conversation can be saved for later,” Christine told her sister. “What have you little ones been up to, hmm?”

Joanna gasped. “I’m in dire need of some new clothes—Eric gave me some money, so, how about we spend the day at the mall?”

“Sure, sure…we won’t go until after I get out of bed and you two put food in my belly.”

Ben and Joanna immediately jumped out of bed and dashed out of the room. Christine chuckled to herself; she was definitely glad to be home.

After having lunch—mac and cheese—with her two youngest siblings, Christine took a long warm shower. She dressed into her usual casual attire—jeans and a shirt—with her hair down. She decided to take Joanna to The Americana, an outdoor mall that had so many high-end stores. Ben was left at home with Eric, who had just come home from work.