The Housemaid - Chapter Thirteen

NOTE: I had quite a spazzy moment while writing this. Please don't scratch your computer screens or pull out your hair after you read this.... :)

ALSO I am on Twitter! I need more followers lol follow me on cementedwords!! I mostly update about my stories. Feel free to talk to me about them and occasionally about The Wanted. :)

13 : HEART TO HEART

The room was still silent the moment Nathan walked out of the room. Max, Jay, and Siva all eyed each other, Joanna gulped as she stood between Max and Siva, and Christine found herself glancing at Tom after that subtle gesture he made. He was staring to into the distance, presumably where Nathan once stood. She watched him admirably with intrigue. She didn’t want to be saved, yet he put himself before her…

“Tom…” She started softly.

“Um…I have to check on Lyla.” Tom told her in the same tone, his hazel eyes fixated on hers. “You alright?”

“Y-Yeah, I-I’m…” She looked back, searching for an answer, searching for who Tom Parker was to her and what she is to him.

“Great. I’ll be back.” He gave her a reassuring look and headed for the door. Without a word, Christine watched him, in slight disappointment. She was quick to realize that he, too, had the same specialty she does: running away.

“Mate, you coming with me and Jay to check on Nath?” Max asked as Tom passed by.

“I’m going out.” He simply said.

“Where?” Jay pressed on the topic.

“Just out.” Tom walked out of the room.

“Tom!” Jay followed after him. Max surveyed the room before he left; his eyes fell on Christine. She stared back and wondered if he and the others had heard what Lyla proclaimed. In fact, she wanted to confront each of them about that, but right now…right now was obviously not the time.

“We should…see to Nath.” Siva suggested to Max. He turned to Joanna, who was leaning against the wall in silence. “We’ll play guitar at another time. Does that sound good?”

Joanna nodded with a soft smile. “Sorry…if we…ruined your movie night…”

“Oh, no, love. Don’t worry about it.” Max added. “We appreciate you girls coming over and telling us.”

“You’re welcome.” Christine replied as she walked over to Joanna. “I think I’ll take my sister home and come back later tonight, if that’s alright.”

“No problem.” Siva answered her.

The four of them quietly walked down the stairs. When they reached the bottom, they hear the piano playing; Nathan had begun to play his heart out.

They noticed Jay near the front door, biting his nails. It looked as though he never caught up with Tom. Christine and Joanna watched Max and Siva approach Jay, who looked a little freaked out.

“Let’s go, Jo…I have to take you home.” Christine sadly told her sister. It was a shame Joanna probably didn’t spend enough time with the band, but hopefully when things are better, she could come over again.

It seemed like a long drive home. Christine was itching to tell her sister about what happened, but driving through her explanation might distract her. By the time they reached the garage, though, she locked them in the car and heaved a long breath.

“...Chris?” Joanna had already unbuckled her seatbelt.

Christine unbuckled her belt as well and faced her sister. “How did Nathan find out we were in the library?”