Twenty Four

Third pov:

"Woah!" Hadrian exclaimed as a huge Australian Shepard lunged at the werewolf before it could attack him (before he too could turn into his animagus form.

Mike had saved him.

Hadrian grinned, he knew he could count on his best friend. Michael had been there for him since day one and had never let him down truly.

"Cheers Mikey!" He whooped before he too transformed into his ebony fox form.

For the next few hours, two werewolves, two black dogs, a gerbil and a fox chased each other around the forbidden forest, happy noises filled the air. Any on lookers may have also seen the golden gerbil hitching a ride on the fox's back.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Are you boys going to explain exactly what happened?" Professor Lupin questioned.

Mike shrugged before turning to face Sirius, who happened to be standing in the corner.

"You can't tell us off for being unregistered Animagi! Your friend here is one!" Mike exclaimed.

"And you're a werewolf too so you can't exactly be angry with me!" Terry said indignantly.

Lupin sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, "no boys, I'm not telling you off, neither am I cross. It would be awfully hypocritical of me. But what I do want to know is A) why was I (as a fellow lycanthropy sufferer) made aware of this and B) why have I never seen you before on a full moon in the shrieking shack?"

"Oh," Terry said, lacking eloquence.

Hadrian snorted before trying to cover it up with a cough.

"Something funny Hadrianus?" Lupin questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"It is a little funny sir, surely you can admit that," the green eyed teen shrugged.

"And what would be funny?"

"This whole scenario!" Hadrian laughed, "can you honestly say you'd have believed this would have happened a month ago?"

"No I suppose I wouldn't." Remus sighed once more, "very well, the four of you should be off to bed by now, go on."

Tony and Terry both nodded and left but Mike stayed out when he realised Hadrian wasn't moving.

"Something else you boys needed?" Remus questioned.

"Yes, why does everyone think you murdered Peter Pettigrew and betrayed my biological mother and father?" Hadrian asked the dark haired man leaning against the wall in the corner of the room.

Before Remus could interject, Sirius stood up right and strode over to the young boy.

"Hadrianus, I want you to know that I would never harm you and that I never ever once betrayed James or Lily. James was practically my brother and Liky was a great friend. They named me your Godfather for a reason. Now as for Peter, I admit I wanted to kill him that night but I didn't. He blew up the street surrounding us before cutting off his own finger to make it seem as though he'd died in the blast. But he didn't. He turned into his rat form and ran away into the sewers like the coward he always has been." Sirius explained, practically spitting the word 'Peter'.

"I believe you," Hadrian stated.

"And if Hadrian believes you then so do I," Mike stated proudly.

Remus and Sirius both smiled at the boys who were so alike a young James and Sirius. Both dark haired, both tall, both so incredibly brave and both so very loyal.

"Thank you boys." Sirius said sincerely.

"We will find a way to clear your name, Sirius, I promise." Hadrian replied firmly.

>>>>>>>>end of chapter>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>