I

________________________________________________________

Please note: This is a fictional story containing fictional characters and settings. 

               _________________________________________________________

Ah yes, the ever so fascinating game that requires one to strategically plan to beat their opponent. You have to be constantly ten steps ahead of your opponent and calculate every outcome. The only game that I practically grew up playing. From it being forced upon me to it being my savior. For my reality is compiled of lies, pressure, stress, and fear. People constantly live their lives through a lie from other people's opinions, relentlessly trying to please them. Constantly living in fear that they will not be able to please others' expectations. It makes me sick seeing how I also fell victim to this cycle. But through that, I developed a passion for this two-player game.

You know? Every day is like a game of chess. Constantly being steps ahead of your opponents and trying to beat them. My entire life is the definition of this game, it can be applied to my academics, social life, family life, the list go on. Planning, being strategic, and weighing out the pros and cons is somewhat similar to placing my pawns, bishops, and knights on a board. It becomes a tedious process over time but everything will be worth it once I land my checkmate.

My goal is to become a surgeon. Well, of course, that is not my goal, that's the goal I set for myself in order to live a better life. Goals are difficult to achieve but passions are even more difficult to develop. As of this moment, I do not think I have any passions worth developing, other than my chess inclination. I have no idea what I truly want. However, I do know that I want a better life than my parents. Being a surgeon would be the best way to hit two birds with one stone. Who knows? Maybe my passion would develop through becoming a surgeon, similar to how it did for chess. 

© All Rights Reserved