XI

So it started, after that day, I began direct messaging her questions regarding our class work. Although hesitant at first, she replied to me. I will never forget how I felt when she replied to me. It felt like another victory. We talked through messages from then on.

I also adopted some of her mannerisms. Her witty remarks, direct personality, and even fashion sense. It was not difficult to adopt her mannerisms as she was the oversized sweater girl that typically sat at the back of the class. I realized that she would often wear certain colored sweaters on certain days and made sure to correspond with her color. Whenever she wore grey, I managed to wear grey too.

The drive to pursue her led me to push my academics aside. The game of pursuing her intrigued me. It consumed me. I needed her.

Her friends were her knights but also my bishops in disguise. Slowly but surely, I began talking to her friends, Louise and Rico. Our academic conversations always went smoothly. I also managed to incorporate more conversations regarding her with them.

It was then that I learned a lot more about her. She is a girl who is constantly self-conscious about herself. She is living her life but also regretting it at the same time. Her entire thought process and personality provoke a sense of something within me. I wanted her for myself. I want to learn about what her whole life is like. From past and present to the future we will have together. I wanted to be there with her, watching her, admiring her, supporting her, protecting her. She's all I want in this hellish dump of a world. I needed her.

© All Rights Reserved