XIV

A pain that can not possibly be described. A pain so agonizing that death fears it. I can't feel anything. I feel like a walking corpse. A corpse with no purpose, with no passion. Numb.

My entire game has taken a turn for the worse. I lost my rooks to her. She won me over without even a proper game in place. Without knowing it, if it was for her, I was willing to bet and lose everything to begin with. If it's for her, I would gladly lose as many games as possible just to win even once.

My emptiness and lingering feelings never left. As the school year passed and school was finally returning to in-person learning again. I was exhilarated. I couldn't bare another day not seeing her again. I'll claim her this time. I'll set everything thing straight and make sure she is mine. I love her and I need her.

As I walked to the classroom. My hands were shaking. The blood in my veins rushed and my adrenaline was close to skyrocketing. "She's mine" were the only words in my mind.

I barged into class looking for her. When I saw her, I immediately rushed to sit near her. My intentions were set and I'm sure she can tell.

Class ended, and I walked up to her. I was determined to talk to her.

"Melanie, how was your summer."

"It was okay," was her response before she walked right past me and out the door.

"What just happened?" I thought to myself.

"She was the same Melanie I knew, right?" I thought to myself.

She looked the same, talked the same, and acted the same. Yet, she was different.

Again, I gave it another shot.

"How do you do this problem, Melanie?"

"I don't know." She replied in a cold tone.

That was when I noticed it. Every time I turned or even looked at her, she would turn in the opposite direction. She acts cold to me yet also shy whenever she's around me.

This was a new side of Melanie that I never knew about.

Why did I think that this was so cute?

© All Rights Reserved