ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟘𝟜 - 𝕊𝕙𝕖𝕖𝕡 𝕀𝕟 𝕎𝕠𝕝𝕗'𝕤 ℂ𝕝𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘

( Yosuke Hirata POV )

"I heard you lashed out at Mii-chan."

I pursed my lips when I heard that statement. Why did he have to remind me? She was the one who was irritating me. So I lashed out at her.

Can he not acknowledge the fact that I don't want to talk right now?

"She was pissing me off," I replied forcefully.

"So you screamed at her?"

"Yes."

"Was it the right thing to do?"

"I don't know."

"Then why did you do it?"

"....."

I felt my blood boil. What is this, a goddamn interrogation?! Why is he asking so many questions? Can he not understand the reason behind this? Is he pretending to be a fool?

"You don't have to bottle it all up, you know? If you've got something to tell me, please do."

"..... I've got nothing to tell you."

"How come? Aren't I the reason you've become like this?"

I finally snapped.

"Why're you asking such irritating questions?" I screamed, and he turned to me. "You think I'm gonna break down just because you left the class? You think you're someone the class needs?!"

Keisuke remained silent. But I wasn't going to back down.

"Don't think you're all high and mighty just because you were once our Class's Leader!" I said hotly. "I've got much more pressing matters to worry about, and guess what? You're not one of them. Things have been perfectly fine in our class, even after you left. It's. Been. Perfect!"

He still did not reply, and chose to remain silent.

 "What were you expecting, huh?! Did you want the class to go down in shambles? Did you want Class C to completely break apart, just so you could brag about how important you were to the class? Is that what you want, more recognition? More drama? More power? You won't get jackshit! Because we're completely fine!"

At this point, I was screaming my lungs out. I didn't care if anyone heard me. I didn't care if anyone watched us.

I don't care anymore.

Keisuke again, did not say anything. He was twiddling his thumbs. Was it in anticipation? Nervousness?

"What, cat got your tongue?" I taunted. "You've got no reply, because all of that was true, wasn't it? I've hit the mark, haven't I?"

"You're not too far off," he said quietly, almost in a whisper, but I heard it. "Isn't that what everyone wants, Yosuke? Recognition, power and fame? Don't we all desire all these materialistic things?"

"So you're going to turn this into a philosophy lesson now, huh?" I replied scathingly.

"Not really. I'm just telling the truth," he said, without a hint of anger in his voice. "You see, I'm someone who's never had friends before."

"What? You're trying to evoke pity from me now? It's not working."

"We've all had our fair share of problems in life, Yosuke. But someone who who rises above these barriers, and manages to continue on in life, is the winner."

"That's it, I'm leaving. I'm going to vomit if you preach anymore."

"I never had any friends when I grew up," he suddenly said. "I've always been alone in my life, without a purpose, without a reason. I never went to school either, you know?"