Chapter 9

The weather was very nice today. The sunlight was bright but it wasn't glaring. Cool wind blew into the room and brought in fresh air.

Wei Jing stood by the bed and stared at the strange scene in front of him. Countless doctors wearing lab coats surrounded the patient and asked all sorts of questions. They weren't annoyed with the patient's mockery either. They appeared very excited as if they had discovered new land.

At this time, Wei He who had just received the hospital's notification walked in late. He asked, "What's the situation right now?"

At first, the doctor in charge exclaimed unbelievably, "The damage that elder master Wei took to the brain seemed to be nonexistent. He could form clear and coherent words and he had quick reactions as well. He could think properly too. Of course, we need to do a test to know the specifics."

"Ok." Wei He nodded at the doctors. Then he turned around and indifferently said towards Wei Zhe who was lying in bed. "Do you know who I am?"

After a while of processing the situation, Wei Zhe knew what had happened. He was reborn and returned to when he was thirteen. Although this was very unbelievable, it did happen to him.

Glancing at his young father, Wei Zhe raised his eyebrows. He said calmly and reasonably, "My father, Wei He."

"Very good. Wei He nodded and turned around to ask the doctors, "Can we do the test now?"

"This..." The doctor seemed to be in a difficult situation. "Yes, but the patient just recovered. There are still a lot of unhealed injuries..."

"As long as it's doable." Wei He glanced at his watch and said, "My time is very valuable. I'm giving you guys an hr." After he finished, he seemed to have realized something. Even though he was asking a question, he said in an affirmative tone, "Are you okay with that?"

"Um..." Wei Jing softly called out, not wanting his big brother to suffer even more.

"I'm fine." Almost at the same time, Wei Zhe replied, suppressing Wei Jing's soft voice.

He was useless. Wei Jing lowered his head, unhappy. He bit his lips and hated himself. When could he...be as outstanding as his big brother? He just wanted to be a little outstanding. He wasn't greedy and only asked for a bit.

Eh? Did his big brother glance at him just now before leaving? When Wei Jing lifted his head, his eyes met Wei Zhe's, who was walking out of the ward. Wei Zhe's eyes were bright and deep. He glanced at him with reminisce, happiness, and a bit of resentfulness. There were too many emotions in his eyes and this made Wei Jing stunned. He scratched his head, trying to process this. Did he misread the emotions in his big brother's eyes?

The refined instruments were placed in the icy room. Wei Zhe had lied there for a while. The injury on his right arm was faintly hurting and even the faint injury caused by the broken car window glass on his abdomen was hurting a bit. Yet, he kept an indifferent, reserved, and noble front.

No matter when, he needed to hide his emotions so that people won't use it against him.

Wei Zhe knew this since he was a child.

The doctors gathered together to discuss, pointing and making remarks on the x-rays. Sometimes, they were in deep thoughts and other times, they were excited. An hour passed by quickly. Wei He knocked on the mahogany table, attracting everyone's attention. "How is the result?"

"Mr., after our discussion, there is a part of elder master Wei's brain that is different from ordinary people." The doctor in charge said this with a burning gaze. "But this isn't bad. In contrast, it's good." He suddenly raised his voice. "People's brains are extremely refined. Each position manages a part of the human. If we are to compare the four limbs to soldiers, then the brain is the general. Right now, the general has been promoted."