Chapter 30

They were saved.

Wei Jing watched everything that was happening in front of him with his baffled black eyes. More and more police officers in casual clothing started to gather around him, and Lu You was handcuffed and captured.

Wei Jing currently looked like a naughty child who had just finished playing in mud, clothes dirty from top to bottom.

"Wei Jing!!!"

The bellow that was full of fury and pity made the child lift up his head foolishly. He saw his big brother; the person who used to be so meticulous, even about where every strand of his hair should lay, now had his hair all over the place. His appearance revealed fatigue that was visible to a naked eye, with bloodshot eyes caused by exhaustion.

For some random reason, Wei Jing wanted to laugh.

And he did laugh out loud. That person really didn't seem like his big brother!

"What are you laughing at?" Wei Zhe inquired while taking off his jacket to wrap around the child, then finally lifting the child up, as if he was hugging an infant.

"Big brother." Wei Jing wrapped both of his arms around the teenager's neck. His head laid against his collarbone and breathed in the fresh and clean minty scent of the teenager's body. "You have great strength." The child's thoughts were completely chaotic, so he spoke foolishly.

"En," Wei Zhe replied and carried the child towards the parking lot.

There were some policemen who wanted to assist him, but were all rejected.

Embracing the child in his arms was the only way that he could assure himself that his younger brother really returned. His empty hands finally held onto what he wanted to hold, and the pain in his heart was alleviated. This was his everything.

"Big brother, I'm so scared."

"Don't be scared, don't be scared." Wei Zhe hesitated for a while, then kissed the child's sweaty head in a comforting way. "All the bad guys are all caught, don't worry."

Wei Jing broke out laughing. "This really doesn't sound like something big brother would say."

Wei Zhe lifted his brows, "Then how should I say it?"

"Big Brother... Big Brother should punish me harshly and scold me so that I can learn the lesson and avoid making the same mistake next time." Wei Jing's voice was already low, and his eyelids both started to battle to keep his tears from falling. "But I'm so dumb and I can't learn anything properly. One day, Big Brother will become disappointed in me and eventually abandon me!"

Wei Zhe's feet suddenly stopped moving forward. His whole body froze in place.

Wei Jing hugged tightly onto the teenager, his burning tears streaming down his chin, dripping into the teenager's collar. "I'm really scared. I'm scared that I will never see Big Brother again. I'm scared that Big Brother will hate me. I'm scared that I'm useless..."

Once his tense nerves calmed down, his previous fear returned to him, blowing relentlessly towards him like the northern wind of December.

After falling to the ground, children would simply pat the dust off their legs and keep walking if no one was around, but once their family appeared in front of them, they would break into violent tears to gain attention and wait to be comforted.

This is a natural ability that comes with human birth.

"Don't be scared, don't be scared. Big Brother will always be by your side." As he had his head lowered, Wei Jing didn't see the prudent expression revealed in Wei Zhe's eyes. "I'll be with you forever and ever."