Chapter 17

The weather of early November was already a bit chilly. The northern wind crept in slowly with its soft footsteps.

Wei Jing wore a sky blue sweater today with a pair of simple black jeans on the bottom. His jet black hair lay softly across his forehead, his skin so tender you could almost squeeze the water from out of his cheeks. He really was the publicly recognized "Little Prince" of the second grade Class #1.

The chubby kid and Xu Jiahui were uncommonly quiet all morning. They didn't make any noise or trouble, and instead followed Wei Jing around like two little attached tails, staring at him with pitiful eyes. Somehow they looked..... awkwardly cute. Feeling helpless, Wei Jing turned around and wiped the water off his hands with a tissue, then said, "Why do you two keep following me?"

"I'm not! Since when was I following you." Water rushed out of the sink faucet as Xu Jiahui turned the knob all the way. He made a fierce-looking face, and said, "Do you own this bathroom? I can come anytime I want."

The chubbier kid glanced left and right but he just wouldn't look at little Wei Jing. It was like he had the word "guilty" etched across his face.

Wei Jing curled his lips. "It doesn't matter if you follow me, I didn't say you couldn't. Why are you guys overreacting? Spill it! What do you guys want?"

The two dropped their heads low, their hearts racing. What could they say? That they wanted to play with him? That was kinda too degrading? Definitely not that!

"You're really not gonna say anything?" Wei Jing blinked, a look of confusion written across his delicate face. He coaxed, "If you guys tell me now, I'll help you out if I can!"

"T-then..." The chubby kid jumped up excitedly, starry-eyed. "I want to play video games with you! I have a lot of video games at home – whatever you want to play, Wei Jing, I'll play with you."

"Move, you fatty." Xu Jiahui got distracted for a second and didn't expect to be beaten by the other kid to his request – don't even mention how upset he felt. The windblown yellow hair on the top of his head sat in a messy clump. A stern little expression on his face, he said, "My mom said, if I don't make it into the top 10 of the grade at the end of this semester, she's going to take away my allowance. So Wei Jing – you will tutor me."

That last sentence – he said it so aggressively.

Wei Jing tilted his head, and gave a confused 'ah?', then asked, "But aren't our grades about the same?"

One of them was ranked 8th in the class, the other ranked 11th. Elementary school's coursework was easy, and many students were only a few points apart in their exam scores. Therefore between 8th place and 11th place on the rankings, there was essentially no big difference. Besides, hiring a tutor would be better than asking him. Xu Jiahui's family probably wouldn't care for that small amount of money.

"I don't care, you must tutor me." The child got embarrassed easily and his cheeks glowed a bright red. The embarrassment quickly turned into anger.

"Wei Jing said he'd play video games with me." The fat child got angry too, and glared hostilely at Xu Jiahui. "Go away."

"You should go away." Xu Jiahui was taller than the chubby kid. He crossed his arms over his chest, stared down at his opponent, and said haughtily, "You hit Wei Jing just this morning – you don't deserve to be his friend, you big fatty."

"But I didn't mean it." Meager tears filled the chubby kid's eyes, "And if you didn't start the fight first, I couldn't have hit Wei Jing – it's all your fault."

"Your fault."

"Yours."

After going back and forth, the two were about to start fighting again.