Chapter 20

The Wei family's breakfast was usually lavish, and today wasn't any different.

Wei Jing sat in his place, shifting to the left, then to the right, appearing rather unsettled. How come...big brother's gaze toward him seemed to be a bit odd today.

Everything was fine when big brother left last night and nothing happened this morning? What happened? After a while of hesitation, Wei Jing asked softly, "Big brother, why do you keep staring at me? Is anything the matter?"

"Um...Nothing important." Wei Zhe paused for a second, as if he was organizing his thoughts. "Xiao Jing, you're not a kid anymore, it's better to sleep by yourself at night!"

Oh mommy! Big brother viewed him as a coward. Ahhh!!! It was all Wei Min's fault! There goes his long-maintained reputation. Wei Jing stared glumly at the Wei Min sitting across from him, then responded sincerely, "Big brother, don't worry. This will not happen again."

Wei Zhe:=-=

But something still wasn't right!

Where did the quick-to-blush little terrified bun go? The one who would spill big droplets of tears whenever his faults got pointed out by his big brother and later asked his big brother for hugs and kisses? Could it be that the butterfly effect after his resurrection made his perception of his younger brother appear much more mature than the one in his memory. Mhm! Nevertheless, he was still young and naive.

Sensing that his younger brother wasn't as clingy with him as he used to be, Wei Zhe became discontent, and lost his appetite for breakfast.

The Wei Jing who knew everything about big brother: QAQ

Big brother indeed hated cowardly and useless people? He has to work hard to become a better version of himself.

As an outsider observing everything, Wei Min narrowed his eyes. Very nice! Where there were flaws, there were opportunities.

Every Friday, the elementary school has one less class period than the middle school, so school ended about 40 minutes earlier. Since Wei Jing already promised the chubby and Xu Jiahui, he wouldn't break his promise. While leaving the school, the three children walked together with Wei Jing in the middle to prevent any violence between the other two children.

"Oh man, why are you coming over to play at my house? So annoying." The chubby kid muttered while scanning his surroundings casually. All of a sudden, he saw a child from not far away and his chubby fingers tucked onto Wei Jing' shirt and said, "Look, Wei Jing, that's the first-grader who just transferred to our school. Isn't he good looking?"

Wei Min's appearance really had no flaws. Whether it was him or his mother, their genes were both above average.

What Wei Jing noticed was the teenager beside Wei Min. His height made him seem to be about fifteen or sixteen of age and he had a cute baby-like face. His two canine teeth showed whenever he smiled and he appeared harmless and amiable.

The child couldn't help but furrow his eyebrows. Wei Zhe had appointed the chauffeur who used to pick them up from school to take care of him instead because he had to go to his classmate's house, which was why the person who came to pick up Wei Min should have been a servant from the house who knew how to drive. Was Wei Min not able to find the driver? Was he asking the teenager?

Wei Jin hesitated for a few seconds and walked towards Wei Min. No matter what was happening, he would ask about it first.

What if the teenager was a bad person and had bad intentions? Wei Min was still a kid. What if something happened to him? His life would be ruined.